Confusion

requested by @Wtfauthor 

Modern au

hope you guys enjoy it!!! 

~~~

Legolas' POV

I sat, impatient; nervousness ran it's course and suffocated me, wrapping it's hands around my neck, breathing and choking. My leg jiggled up and down. I really wanted to be here for Y/n, but I couldn't stay in this room any longer - I had to get out. I needed fresh air. So that's what I did: I got up and walked outside. I only planned to be out here for a few minutes or so, two minutes at the least. 

Since it was Christmas, there wasn't that many people outside. But there were some. Most of the shops, cafes, restaurants, and other places were closed - but not the hospital. The hospital was always open in case of emergencies. So was the police station, fire department, and other emergency places. But there was only a few people there, just in case. 

I decided I had gotten enough air, so I went back indoors and sat back down, only a bit more relaxed. Most of my nervousness and tension was gone, but some stayed. Which is normal, considering I'm going to be a father. Zoning out, I was focused on nothing and everything until I heard footsteps approaching me. I looked up and it was the doctor. 

"Y/n L/n?" he asked. I stood up. He nodded. "Your child was born." 

I lit up, was about to speak - then I noticed his hesitation. "What?" 

He sighed. "I'm so sorry - Y/n died in childbirth." 

My 

heart

dropped

and

shattered

.

"W-what?"

He guided me to my chair. "There was a lot of blood during and after the birth; we couldn't stop it. I'm sorry for your loss."

I couldn't breath. I couldn't think. I couldn't function.

She was gone. The love of my life; my soulmate; my world; my sun, my moon, my stars my everything, my best friend, my other half. 

I needed her. Without her...I didn't know who I was. Who I am. I'm not myself without her. She saved me so many times, over and over and over again and I couldn't save her this time. 

"Come with me, you can get your child and Y/n's belongings. We'll have an assistant help you with Y/n body." Numb, I nodded and followed him to her room. It was like I was just a shell of my former self, watching everything from outside my body. I couldn't feel anything; I couldn't see anything. I felt like I wasn't breathing. 

We entered her room and I saw Y/n sitting there, alive, holding our daughter. I figured I was seeing things - until the doctor got confused. He called a nurse over.

"I thought she died?"

"Dr. Harmon, it wasn't Y/n that died, it was Constance Red," the nurse stated. Dr. Harmon looked confused for a minute, then seemed to remember something.

"Ah, yes that's right." He turned to me. "I apologize for the wrong information, I got another family mixed with yours. Again, I deeply apologize." He left the room to break the sad news to another family. 

"Leggy, come and see your child," I heard. I looked up and saw Y/n holding our child. My legs moved by themselves to her. 

She wasn't gone. She was here. Alive. With me.

As soon as I got closer to her, I broke out in tears. Y/n, holding our baby, somehow managed to wipe away my tears. Eventually I gathered myself and sat down in the bland chair next to her. "What's their name?" I asked. "I haven't decided yet." I smiled at her; she smiled back. "We'll decide together." 

I put my head on her shoulder and played with my newborn child and my wife who was still alive.