The Winds Of Change

The day started like any other. Everything was fine in Console City. Currently, a tournament was being held between the fighters, to see who the strongest was. It was time for the finals. Mario vs Link.

"Good luck out there!" Peach said cheerily, giving Mario a hug.

"Ah. Thank you so much. I'll do my best" Mario replied. Mario had done well in the tournament. He'd beaten Kirby, Pit, and Bowser in the rounds before. Now he was getting ready for the final.

"C'mon. If you beat me, how hard could this possibly be!" Pit said. "Honestly, there's no way Link could be me, so if you could be me, you can beat him".

"Sure Pit. You're definitely the strongest one here" Palutena said sarcastically. "Anyways, be careful out there. That Hylian is one the strongest warriors I've seen. He can definitely put up a fight"

"I know. I'm ready" Mario replied, confidently. Mario put on his trusty cap, as he heard the bell for the final match.

"Wait, Bro!" Luigi called out as Mario began walking away.

"What? You know I have go" Mario said impatiently.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just..."

Luigi suddenly jumped forward and hugged Mario

"Good luck out there Bro. Please be careful" Luigi said. He sounded almost...scared.

"Don't worry. I'll be ok" Mario said calmly, while hugging his brother back. The two embraced each other for a second, then split apart.

"That's all. I'm sorry." Luigi began walking away towards Peach and the others. "I'll be in the crowd watching. Do your best bro!" Luigi said, the scared and worried Luigi gone, now bursting with joy.

Mario chuckled. "You got it bro!".

Mario walked towards the platform that would take him to the arena. He took a breath, and stepped forward. He was transported to Smash Dojo, a place where the Stages morph for the characters to fight on. Seats line the outside, so others can watch the fighting. Mario was nearly blinded by the lights of the stage. Everyone was in the stands. But Mario could immediately tell where Luigi was in the center. Mario looked forward and saw Link, standing on the opposite side, with his hands on his hips.

"Almost thought you weren't gonna show up" Link said Smugly. "You worried?".

"Heh. No. Just had some business to take care of. I'm ready now" Mario said back, not letting Link get to him.

Doc Luis, the organizer of the tournament, stepped into the center of the ring.

"Alright folks. The moment we've been waiting for! The final match. We have the Hero of The Mushroom Kingdom himself, Mario!"

Mario jumped up into the air, spun, and landed with his palm open, burning with fire. The crowd went wild, but the only one he cared for was Luigi's screams of encouragement.

After the crowd died down, Doc Luis pointed to Link.

"And we have the Champion of Hyrule, wielding the Sword of Evil's Bane, it's Link!"

Link unsheathed the Master Sword, and rose it skyward, glimmering in light. Once again the crowd went wild. However, it was easy to hear Zelda the most out of anyone.

Doc spoke once again.

"Alright alright. Will both challengers please step forward."

Mario and Link both stepped forward,  maintaining eye contact, until both were next to Doc.

"Now, if there's anything I love more then chocolates, it's a good fight. The arena will be Final Destination. No items. One stock. I want a clean fight. Now, shake hands, and get back to your platforms."

Mario and Link, still maintaining eye contact, shook hands, turned around, and walked to their original positions. Doc got onto his own platform, which took him to the stands. He pressed a button, and the stage transformed into Final Destination.

"The fight will begin in 3"

Mario closed his eyes. He heard the wind of thebarena howling.

"2"

He heard the roar of the crowd, awaiting a fight to be remembered forever.

"1"

But most of all, he heard the voice of the one who he knew worried for him the most.

"Mario. Please win bro. I know you can". Even among all the noise, all he heard was Luigi.

"FIGHT"

Link immediately knocked and arrow and fired it. Mario barely jumped over it

"Nice dodge. You're better then I thought old man" Link said tauntingly.

"Then let's see what you think of this!" Mario said back.

Mario raised his fist and slammed it down, igniting it on fire. Link jumped back to dodge.

"Not bad" Link commented.

The two continued at. Blow for blow, hit for hit, they were always even. The crowd were on the edge of their seats. Both fighters clashed in the middle, Mario holding the Master Sword's blade, clenched in his fist. Link driving all his force into the swing.

The two were both launched, falling to the floor. Mario was barely able to stand. Link was leaning on the Master Sword. Both were panting. But in that moment, Mario noticed something.

"Wait...something's wrong..." Mario said, looking around.

"What?" Link asked. "Everything seems fine"

"The wind" Mario replied. "It's...gone.This isn't right..."

In the blink of an eye, chaos happened. Master Hands appeared out of nowhere. Screams filled the arena. The stage returned to the dojo, the roof gone.

"What the!?" Link screamed

"Everyone! Quick! We must fight back" Meta Knight said, already flying up, Galaxia Sword in hand.

"Let's go!" The two Inklings said, a smile on their faces as the began inking hand in sight.

The fight was long. It seemed endless. It took hours for all the Master Hands to be defeated. But it was finally over. Everyone had met back at the Dojo. Star Fox had decided to do one last scout while everyone healed.

"What happened" Dark Pit said angrily. "One second everything was fine. The next, all hell broke loose".

"I...don't know" Lucina replied grimly. It was like my future with Grima. Everything was peaceful. But then..."

At that moment, Fox and Falco landed.

"Fox! Falco! Is everything Alright?" Isabelle asked.

"Guys...you need to see this" Falco replied.

Everyone stepped outside the dojo. And saw nothing but light. Not but light, surrounded by an Infinite number of Master Hands. Little did they know, this light, would lead to their darkest hour.