(7)

His gity laugh filled the room as I slowly entered the living room in nothing but a set of overpriced, lacy lingerie. He clapped his hands together, excited. He made me blush, a lot. But, no! I tell myself, I need to be sexy. Not blushy.

"Oh baby, you spoil me. This is what I get for my birthday!?" He asks, taking back the little bit of whiskey left in his glass before standing up. Hungry, Tommy licks his lips. "Jesus, I cannot wait to unwrap you-"

"Ah ah!" I stop him from touching me. I push him back to sit down on the couch before leaning in, I don't kiss him, but I give him a tease by pressing my lips to the side of his neck. He smells absolutely divine. And I wonder if it's my birthday. "I'm going to dance for you now, Mr. Shelby." I whisper, moving my lips up before gently running my tongue over his earlobe. "And you are going to sit here," I pull back to see his eyes rolled back, shut. His mouth slightly parted, he wants more. I know he does. "Okay?" I breathe.

He nods before opening his eyes. "Anything you want, Mrs. Shelby." He swallows.

It's not an appropriate memory, especially right now. As guns go off, and people are getting shot. And I am on my hands and knees trying to get out of the crossfire, no, it's not appropriate at all.

I see Tommy, with only one hand available, he successfully shot and killed one of William's men. He doesn't stop there, moving his body so that he can shoot the second man in charge. William ran and took cover behind the coffee table, he shot selectively, and carelessly.

I'm quick on my hands and knees, crawling like a baby across the room and into the hall, I know I won't get hurt because both of my brother-in-laws have stepped in front of me. Shooting off weapons, John sinks low. "I'll need you to seek better shelter, Cecilia!" He yells over the guns. "Tommy's orders."

"W-where do I go?!" I shout, unsure of what exactly he means.

He keeps faith, and keeps his calm. Nodding towards the hallway William and I just came out of, he wraps one hand around my waist and helps me to stand before shouting for me to go. "Get goin' in there, shut the door and lock it."

"But-" I begin, holding onto his arm.

"I said go!"

A bullet flies right between us, zipping by my hair and I turn in that direction to see William, who is clearly shot in the gut stands behind the gun that went off. Blood seeps from his body, he clasps the wound, leaning into it. His aim isn't nearly as good. Thank God. Bastard.

John shakes me to leave him, and I do, hurrying towards the hallway. Bullets fly around me, and I am thankful that I'm quick to move, putting my head down, the way Tommy taught me so long ago...

You run for the fucking hills if you hear a gun go off, ey?

Run for the fucking hills. I get distracted by how sexy he looks with two guns in his hand. We stand in our backyard, overlooking the greenhouse I took fresh tomatoes from. Wait - what happens to you?

I shoot whoever tried to shoot us. He tells me. Simple.

Murderer. I murmur, wrapping my arm around my body, judging him.

Tommy sighs, handing me a gun.

I don't want that! I snap, staring at him. I shift my body, so that I kind of have my back towards him.

You need to learn how to handle a fuckin' weapon.

No, I don't.

I get it, he rolls his eyes, you've got morals but think about it, what if I get shot, what are you goin' to do then, love?