Chapter 1: A Disturbance in the Village

A/N: *cough* *cough*... I'm just trying this out... Not really sure how it will work out but it will be a short story. Thank you for taking your time to read and let me know if... you want more...? There will be two more chapters uploaded with this.

---

A/N: Note that 'he' doesn't actually know many of the things that are being talked about. It is spoken more from a third person perspective, so the readers have an understanding then that of the person that is the subject of the talk.

———

『I once knew a beautiful blind magician, he was as gentle as the spring breeze and his smile was like the sun. Before I knew it, he had taken my heart and I took his in return. Hand in hand, we promised to walk each other in life. Bliss we felt, but the only unsuspecting thing was 'time'. 』

---

Looking at the sky from a dilapidated window, a young boy with long scattered snow colored hair and crimson eyes leaned against the wall. The rope bindings around his wrist and legs stung as it dug into his pale and delicate skin, leaving harsh entrails against the skin that it rubbed against. Amazingly, the young boy did not wince in pain or cry. 'He' sat motionless as if 'he' was a statue. Only the rhythmic movement of his chest's proved that this was a living being and not an inanimate object.

A loud scuffle emitted not far outside of the small shed that 'he' was held in, and 'his' body trembled a little unconsciously. His scarlet eyes lowered to the dirty floor that were beyond repair. They were like stagnant pools, unperturbed by the unsanitary and squalid grounds around 'him'.

For many unknown reasons... 'He' found that 'he' was treated differently from everyone else. They would gaze at 'him' with undisguised disgust and virulence. But things did not stop with just them glowering at 'him', there was also the physical and verbal abuse. As a result, his body had never seen a day where it would be the same colour, there would be different hues of purple, blue, green, yellow, and brown.

As long as 'he' could remember, they had always treated 'him' this way and 'he' thought that it was normal.

At first, 'he' cried at the pain but quickly learned that they also despised his voice as well and learned to how to be quiet. 'He' received less 'affection' from them if 'he' kept his mouth shut and endured. 'He' also adapted to the pain and the tears ceased as well, this was just his daily life.

Throughout the years, 'he' had only picked up on very little vocabulary and the way 'he' learned it was visually. They often pointed at 'him' and called 'him' 'white demon' or 'monster'. As for the rest, although 'he' could mimicked the words and see some visual pointers... 'He' wasn't quite sure of the usage. 'He' would see small people (children) converse with an older looking woman were called 'mama' or 'muqin'. There were some exception, some woman who looked older had more grey hair were called 'nainai', very few were called 'waipo'. The men were categorized in a similar way, the small people would call an older man either 'baba' or 'fuqin'. The older and grey haired men were 'yeye' or 'waigong'.

What puzzled 'him' the most was 'qizi', 'laopo', 'zhangfu', and 'laogong'. 'He' would see some of the females call the male either 'zhangfu' or 'laogong'... But they would refer to some of the others as 'didi', 'gege', or 'dage'. The males would call the females, 'qizi' or 'laopo' but then there was 'jiejie', 'meimei', and 'xiaojie¹'.

'He' thought that over time 'he' would figure out the meaning behind the words... But the more 'he' observed the more confused 'he' became. So 'he' just decided to call all the females, 'laopo' and the males, 'laogong'. As for the children... It would be too long of a story to explain all the terminology that 'he' heard. So to sum it all up, 'he' would simply call them 'baobei²'.