Chapter 8: Because You're A Part of My Family

A/N: And a late-ish update! I will be updating EoS by the end of the night~! (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧ Hurray~! Enjoy the update and thank you for commenting, voting, and reading! 

---

""Ah?!""

Three figures turned to face him, their eyes vigilant. Two boys and one girl, they all wore very elaborate and lavish clothes showing just how favored they were. Clay could identify two of the figures from the children who had come with him from the village. He gazed at them with eyes filled with curiosity. Yan MaoYu had told him that no one else but the four of them and the exception of the other spiritual beasts are allowed within the forest; it was his master's sacred grounds. But there were three outsiders inside of the forest who dared to trespass into the area.

Even though he was a little afraid, his optimism to talk to others was much stronger. Clay felt that it was because he wasn't knowledgeable that was why the villagers had treated him so. If he had the knowledge sooner, maybe they wouldn't have hit him. He smiled timidly and waved at them, "Umm... He-Hello."

Fiddling his thumbs together, he looked at them with a little expectancy but what they were going to respond with, was not what he had thought of. Something cold and hard smashed right above his right eye, sending a bolt of pain through his nerves. Clay covered the injured area as a warm liquid trickled down to his right eye.

The boy who tossed it shouted, "Go away you, white demon! You're going to bring bad luck to us!"

He was one of the villager's children who had been selected. Clay glanced at them and saw that the girl was standing behind the two boys shivering, her eyes stricken with fear. The other boy who he didn't recognize and was much older than the two was shielding the two of them behind him. Clay didn't understand what he did wrong, but he hurriedly tried to apologize and bowed, "I... I'm sorr-"

Another stone flew and hit his left hand covering his eyes, making him pull his hands down. Once three of them saw the blood trailing down his face, they screamed.

"Uwaah!! It's a monster!"

"Wuuu... Stay away from us."

"Go away, we don't want you here!"

The village boy tossed whatever he could pick up at Clay, leaving some contusions and gashes on his pale skin. Picking up a large rock, the boy chucked it at Clay. The white-haired boy did not move and only closed his eyes. Whenever the villagers would come and beat him, they didn't like him moving or squirming so he learned to be still and after doing it for so long; it became a natural response for him.

He waited for the impact... But it never came, instead, he felt the intense blaze of come before him.

An arrogant voice roared from the skies, "You f*cking dare?!"

Clay opened his eyes to see a scorched ground that was burnt black and Yan MaoYu's adult form hovering in mid-air with his red wings behind him. His long red hair blew in the wind making his already intimidating figure even more fearsome. The kids all fell to the ground trembling with fright, they couldn't even mutter a word or sound. His hawk-like eyes locked onto the three outsiders and he announced in a sonorous voice, "Trespassing into private grounds, damaging a magi's property, assaulting the disciple of a magi, and attempting to steal from a magi, you three shall be stripped of your positions and be sent back to where you came from. You will also be compensating for the loss and damages you had incur."

Yan MaoYu's voice was laced with hostility as if he wanted to kill those children, but he did not. With a wave of his hand, flames shot out at them and bound their feet and hands. He descended onto the ground elegantly and looked over his shoulder to the man dressed in blue robes, "Ah Hua, send them to master please."