[fifty six] love and happiness

Stokes POV

"Ma! Come on now, you ain't gotta do all of this. I'll be back in like, two hours." I whined.

My momma was forcing me to take pictures before I left for this dinner thing. Honestly, I just wanted this to be over with. I can practically smell the drama.

"Oh hush. Now come on, toot that ass up big fella." She teased, snapping another picture.

"Don't say that, you sound like  Daniel." I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

"Nigga just take the fucking picture! Don't make me get my belt." She scolded.

I forced a smile onto my face. I don't care how old you get, them whoopings HURT. I ain't risking no more injuries to my body either.

"Aww! Look at my baby! All dressed up to meet his boyfriend's family! Rodney, get the scrapbook! Oh Lord, I'm finna cry." My momma fanned her face.

"You so damn dramatic. Let the boy leave, sheesh." My dad spoke up, walking down the stairs with the scrapbook in his hand.

"Kiss my ass." She snatched the book.

"Naw, you can call Symere and get Tyrone from hell. That way he can kiss yo ass, since you was letting him do that while I was gone." He snapped.

I bit back a laugh. That was low. True, but low. He finna die.

My momma didn't say anything, shit, she ain't move either. Her left eye twitched.

"Okay, since y'all done, imma just leave." I started to speed walk to the door but my momma stopped me with an iron grip on my shoulder.

"There's some trays in the kitchen. Take them with you, don't drop them." She said through gritted teeth. I felt her fingers dig into my arm, which was still sore.

"Mhm that's nice and all but can you let go of me, yeah?" I squeaked.

She released my arm and my dad let out a cough.

I hurriedly found the trays she was talking about and picked them up. I could tell that they had food in them because my fat ass started to water at the mouth.

I sighed. This is why I'm big now.

"You sure are. Like damn, yo ass gain a pound every month. You got all that money, buy a treadmill you flubber built ass nigga." Came a voice out of nowhere.

"Fuck you Jada, get back to crying and writing the rest of this chapter." I retorted.

I heard a sniff. "You right." It got quiet.

Bitch is always breaking the wall, that shit got old. It stopped being funny after chapter 30.

"Regina, put the tree down- Stokeley! Call the fucking cops! She done picked up the Christmas tree! Oh shit, this bitch got the strength of a thousand slaves!" My dad yelled as I heard the sound of glass shattering and a heavy object falling over. That's my cue.

"I'm out!" I yelled as I ran out of the back door with the trays in my hand. I was not about to try to run through that.

------------------------------------------------------

"Damn lil nigga! All I get is forty dollars?!" The cab driver said as I got out.

"That's how much the fare was!"

"Nigga, I don't give a fuck about the fare! I need at least ten dollars for some air freshener! You got my taxi smelling like ass and chitterlings!" He said, angrily.

"It don't even stink, you tripping! You ain't getting no tip so you might as well go!" I huffed, walking to the front door of the big ass house that we just pulled up to.

"Hell naw nigga! You gonna give me my compensation or I'mma sue yo wicked ass for attempted murder!" He rolled down the window.

"Man, get the fuck on!" I groaned.

"You know what, I hope you bite  into that food, burn yo tongue, and get a scab! I hope you drop it all over yourself and get third degree burns on ya chest! I hope somebody knock two more teeth out yo mouth so you can't eat no more, you big bitch!" He yelled out the window as he peeled off.

I sighed. Tonight has been going well.

------------------------------------------------------

The first thing I realized when I walked inside was that Jahseh was right.

It smelled heavily of inscents and.... juice?

"Stokeley! So nice to see you again! You wore the suit I sent you as well." Harmony greeted me with a hug.

I hugged her back and felt her being pulled back.

"Yeah that's enough. Don't touch nothing, don't take nothing, and don't walk too hard." Jeh said, giving me the stink eye.

Harmony sighed. "Ignore him. He's just salty because no one is eating the food."

"O-okay? Anyways, here." I said, pushing the trays towards her. "It's from my momma, she told me to bring these."

Harmony's smiled grew wider. "Yes, she brought it!"

"Brought what?" Jeh said.

"I asked Regina to make some food for us because I knew that this would happen." Harmony said, grinning.

"You what now-"

"Jahseh is upstairs. The second room to the right. The stairs are right down that hallway." Harmony nodded towards a dark hallway.

"Alright. Thanks." I waved at them both. Jeh just rolled his eyes.

"Guys! I got food!" Harmony said. It was barely a second later when the house erupted in cheers.

Jeh scoffed. "So that's how y'all feel huh? It be ya own children." He shook his head.

I eventually found the room that Harmony was talking about. At first, I was skeptical about going ins, but then I heard someone humming Patrick's tune. Yeah, that's Jah.

I snickered and decided to scare him. I waited until he got quiet and busted through the door.

Jahseh let out a battle cry and started to swing at me. I barely dodged his fist, but I wasn't able to dodge his foot. I cried out in pain as his foot connected with my stomach.

"Yeah nigga! Next time you gonna- oh shit. Hey Stokes." He put his fist down.

I wheezed.

-JADA