How you meet

Louis:

Your older brother had always been the "Superior Sibling." He had more friends than you, better grades than you, more athletic than you. And all of his close friends where exactly like him. You were never interested in those meatheaded jocks. Until one day you were.

You came out of your hobbit hole of a room to get a drink. You find your brother and his friend playing video games on the couch. You feel eyes on you, sure enough his friend is staring at you. You smile politely, continuing on into the kitchen. 

You were grabbing a snack when they came in. Your brother pushed you aside teasingly, and you just rolled your eyes at him.

"That's no way to treat lady/gentleman!" His friend says.

Your brother simply shakes his head. "Lady/gentleman? More like wooly mammoth."

You hit him upside the head, as he laughs at his own joke.

His friend says. "Hey, I'm Louis. You are?"

"Not interested." You say, turning back to your brother and fighting for the spot by the cupboard. After he wins, and gets his food, he turns to Louis.

"Dude, they're my sibling. Off. Limits."

Louis puts his hands up defensively and mutters an okay.

But you couldn't miss that sly wink that he gave you before leaving the kitchen.

Marlon:

It was raining outside, but you were warm and cozy inside. Snuggled up on a library couch, book in hand. You slowly sipped hot chocolate, enjoying the peace and quiet.

It didn't last long, as a few "dudebros" entered the library, seemingly for no other reason than to escape the rain. 

They settled at a table near you, and with their sad attempt at whispering, there was no way you were getting any more reading done.

You listened to them instead, acting like you were reading. They were talking about football, as playoffs were this coming friday. They changed the topic to Jessica Abernathy, the head cheerleader. She was pretty, not the stereotypical blonde bimbo. She was nice enough and had a good personality, but high school guys only see the outside of people.

"You know, eavesdropping isn't very nice." A male voice says from behind you.

You jerk your head, immediately recognizing the leader of the dudebros, Marlon. He was their quarterback, after all.

"Uh, well, it's not like I actually can read. You're all so distracting." You say back.

He nods, "fair enough. I'll tell them to keep it down. We are in a library."

"Speaking of which, why in here, of all places? There's a diner across the street you could've waited in." You say.

He holds up a copy of The Giver.

"I wanted a book. Sue me." 

You roll your eyes. "You do realize that that book is at, like, a 6th grade reading level. Though, I guess I can give you some credit. I didn't think you could read at all." You say, before wanting to clasp a hand over your mouth.

He laughs, clutching his chest. "Ouch, that hurt. You've wounded my ego! How will I ever recover?"

You say "Oh please, me wounding your ego barely even dents it, you have so much of it."

Damn, you're on a roll.

"Fine, if you want to be so picky, then what book should I read?" He asks.