The Story

There will be some things from Ask Meggy Anything in there, like Meggy's dogs, her two Pikachus, her Violent Ruler, and her Meicoomon. Expect them to appear in this very long holiday one-shot.

Another note, this isn't canon to SMG4's recent episode, "The Most Important Thing". Think of it as my interpretation of it. Another example that this canon and the SMG4 canon are both different.

Now without further adieu, let's begin.

Mario and Meggy have been a couple for a few months. They have spent so much time together, and they went out on many dates.

However, one special day was coming, and it's name was Christmas.

Mario was so excited for Christmas, while Meggy, with this being her second year, is excited as well. Her finding out about Christmas seemed to pay off for the rest of Inkopolis, as the entire city is celebrating the special holiday this year with Frosty Fest.

Mario and Meggy's friends were as excited as they are. SMG4 decorated non-stop ever since November, it was Saiko and Tari's first Christmas with them, and everyone else were getting their presents for each other.

Mario is getting a very special gift for Meggy, while Meggy's gift for him is a completely different story.

Here is the story of how Meggy got through Christmas almost without a gift for a Mario.

It was five days until Christmas. Everyone was at the mall, and SMG4 was walking back and forth in front of them like a sergeant.

SMG4: Alright, everyone. Christmas is only in a few days. So it's time for everyone to give each other a gift.

Fishy Boopkins: I feel kinda sad that Bob won't be participating this year.

Luigi: Bob got what he deserved, so he's out of Christmas this year.

SMG4: It's almost 9AM. You shop around the mall for 12 hours and gather everyone's gifts. Once you're done with buying your gifts, wrap them up with this wrapping paper I'm giving you and meet at the fountain in the middle of the mall. I'm also giving each of you $1000 and a list of people you gotta give a gift to. Don't buy a gift for yourself, though. This is for everyone else except you.

The following names were on the list:
-SMG4
-Mario
-Luigi
-Meggy
-Fishy Boopkins
-Tari
-Saiko
-Bowser
-Toad
-Shroomy

SMG4: It starts at 9AM, and ends at 9PM. If everyone gets their gifts bought and wrapped before 9PM, we leave early. It is now 30 seconds until 9AM.

Mario: I hope that what I'll find for you is something very special, Meggy.

Meggy: I hope so for my present too, Mario.

SMG4 was counting down when it was 10 seconds until 9AM, and after 10 seconds, the time has come.

SMG4: Everyone start your Christmas shopping!

They all went to different stores in the mall, and the Christmas shopping has just begun.

For the gifts themselves, SMG4 bought meme-related gifts, Tari bought video games, and everyone else knew what the others liked and bought the right gifts.

For Meggy, she was all set except for one person. That person was Mario.

Meggy: That's weird. Mario is my closest friend, but I can't seem to find a great gift for him. I gotta find one soon.

It is now 3PM. Everyone except Meggy has finished buying their gifts, and they noticed Meggy isn't with them.

Tari: Isn't Meggy supposed to be here?