Highway To Fort Benning: Revisited

After a small deliberation, Lori, Carl, Belle, and I get inside of my Jeep. The rest of the group rides in the van, driven by Glenn. I pull out of the lot with the van in tow, and get back on the highway for Fort Benning. "You're sure it's just one guy there?" I ask Belle. "Yep, just Pete." She confirms. "Good. If we have to take it by force, it should be easy." I proclaim. "What do you mean 'by force'?" Lori cuts in. "Well I'm not gonna kill him if that's what you're thinking, I'll just.. rough him up a bit, if he's being stubborn." I assure Lori. After about two hours of uneventful driving, we come back up to the part of the highway that's filled with abandoned vehicles, roughly two miles away from Fort Benning. We exit the Jeep and gather with the rest of the group at the van.

"Okay listen up, there's three lanes of cars piled up here, I want Carol and Sophia walking up the far right side. Me, Lori, and Carl will walk between the right, and middle lanes. Glenn and Belle will be between the middle, and left lanes. Dale and Andrea will walk the far left. I want everyone to keep your eyes peeled. Check cars as well as your surroundings. Don't fire unless you absolutely have to. We wanna stay quiet and NOT draw any unwanted attention. Nobody get too far ahead or fall too far behind, and we should be okay. Remember this is where we plan to LIVE, so bring all your essentials. Any questions?" Everyone seems ready. "Good. Gather your things and let's move out. Remember. Stay in formation!"

Carol carries a dufflebag over her shoulder filled with extra sets of clothing for the group. Sophia has a backpack carrying our smaller tools. Hammers, screwdrivers, things like that. I carry a dufflebag with our unclaimed guns, about a dozen in total, as well as my concealed weapons. Carl carries our ammo in a seperate dufflebag, about 700 rounds in total. Lori carries a grocery bag with the rest of our canned goods, about 15 assorted cans, and another bag with about 20 bottled waters. Glenn carries 2 shovels in one hand, propped on his shoulder, and a hatchet in the other. Belle skateboards slowly beside Glenn wearing a backpack that carries our vast collection of utility knives. Dale holds an empty dufflebag and an empty gas container, in case we find anything on the highway. I've asked Andrea to be our look out, so she carries just her rifle.

We're about halfway along now. Glenn and Isabel took out a few scattered geeks with minimal effort. Dale siphoned enough gas to fill the container, and add some canned foods, knives, and tools to the dufflebag. We stop for a breather and I decide it's a good time to go over our strategy. "When we get in sight, I want Andrea posted somewhere with a clear view incase something goes wrong. Isabel's gonna go right to the front door, as she did on her last trip, get Pete outside and keep him busy. Me and Glenn are gonna sneak behind him and subdue him. Everyone else will stand back and wait." I announce. "That's it? Seems simple." Lori states. "Yeah, I expect it to be." I reply. "Hey check it out. Lucky Charms." I look to see Belle holding up two boxes of Lucky Charms cereal in triumph. Carl and Sophia run over to retrieve a box to share. Belle pops open the other and begins to snack. After a few minutes I urge the group to resume our hike down the highway.

After a little over an hour of walking we're within sight of Fort Benning. "Alright here we go. Andrea I want you on top of that news van, scoped in on Fort Benning's doors. If it looks like he's got the upper hand, fire. Let him know WE have the upper hand. Belle go up to the front entrance and lure him out. Glenn, let's go." I motion for Glenn to follow me as I move to the side of the entrance behind some vehicles. Belle skateboards up to the doors, but still no sign of Pete. "Pete! I need your help! Please!" Belle calls out. Nothing. "Please Pete, don't leave me out here to die!" She calls once more. This time the door swings open and out comes a man that I assume is Pete, pointing an M4A1 assualt rifle at Belle.

"Didn't I tell you that I can't help you little girl?" I hear him tell Belle. I need him to come a little further out from the entrance so I can sneak behind him. "Please, I'm hungry and sick." Belle grabs his shirt with two clenched fists and pleads. Pete puts his hands on her shoulders and starts walking her away. This is my chance. I crouch down and slowly move up along the wall with Glenn close behind. Positioned about ten feet behind him now, I start to creep up on him. "Pete PLEASE!" Belle yells loudly in his face so that he won't hear me coming behind him. "How many times do I have to tell you, NO! Don't make me send you off by force." He warns. I'm right behind him now. I ready my weapon to knock him out. "Goodnight Pete." Belle says with a smile, while waving. "What?" He asks, confused. I bring the butt of my shotgun down on the back of his head and he drops to the ground like a ton of bricks.