27.

Phantoms

The Phantoms are the first and only major antagonists in Jamaa

The Phantoms are the first and only major antagonists in Jamaa. For unknown reasons, they terrorize Jamaa and all of its inhabitants. While it is unclear where they originated, Phantoms made their first actual appearance in the game as part of the broken Zios statue in the Lost Temple of Zios. Once the statue was restored, Phantoms stopped spawning from it.

Appearance

Phantoms come in a variety of shapes and sizes with a few common features. They are usually a pitch black, circular blob with a single, large white eye that has a small black pupil. Phantoms also tend to have tentacles that stick out from different sides of their body.

Types of Phantoms

Normal Phantom

These are slightly small creatures with six or more tentacles. When approached by an animal, they produce a blue-white electric arc in an attempt to shock the animal.

Proto-Phantom

These are much smaller than regular Phantoms, only being the size of Pets. Instead of regular tentacles, they have one or two small black plump tentacles on the right or left side of their head. When approached by a Pet, they become scared and attempt to flee.

Heavy Phantom

These are small creatures with eight small black plump tentacles on the top and bottom of their head. When approached by an animal, they attempt to slam down and crush the animal.

Phantom King

Phantom Kings are much bigger than regular Phantoms. They have violet-purple round spots around the bottom half of the body and a cracked-looking set of spikes on the head, like a crown. When approached by an animal, they float up into the air and slam back down into the ground in an attempt to stun the animal.

Phantom Goop

The Phantom Goop appears to be large, slug-like goop piles with violet-purple outskirts. They have one large eye in the middle which is followed by three much smaller eyes.

Phantom Coral

The Phantom Coral is an unusual type of phantom that consists of a blob with many sharp spikes in an irregular shape. When touched by an animal, it will produce a white electric arc in an attempt to shock the animal.

Pet Phantom

The Pet Phantom is a friendly kind of phantom that seemingly only wants to be loved. This is the only phantom with good intentions and the only non-animal pet.

Phantom Spitter

A Phantom Spitter is a strange type of phantom that first appeared in Storming The Fortress. It's a phantom that looks similar to a plant. These phantoms spit out purple spiked Boomseeds.