Chapter 7

Sixth period was over. It was time to go home. I was terrified. 

Me: Hey

Sweet Tea: Hi! Wussup???

Me: idk... I have to go home now...

Me: im... Im really scared...

Sweet Tea: lol I get it. Parents can be scary sometimes. You'll be fine

Me: You don't know my dad. He's extra scary 0_0

Sweet Tea: haha okay. If itll make you feel better, you can always call me

Sweet Tea: yeah, call me. Tell me what happened

Sweet Tea: I'll make you feel better ^_^

Me: Thanks... I really appreciate it... Can I call you now until I get home? 

Sweet Tea: Sure

I tapped on her contact and tried to press the call button several times. My fingers were shaking to violently. It's okay... Her phone started to ring in my ear. It'll be fine... Just... Just stay calm...

"Hello? Yugyeom?" My name in her voice was extraordinarily comforting.

"He-ey, Tea..."

"You okay?" Her voice wasn't shaky like mine, but it was full of worry. My right hand around my hand was cold in the wind's grasp. My left was nice and toasty in my coat pocket, even though it was ripped.

"Uh, no... Not really... I'm... I'm really scared of my dad..." She sighed on the other end.

"How come?" My hand was shaking in fear and freeze. What was I supposed to tell her? 

"He's just... He yells a lot... Really loud, and he scares my little sister..." I said, which was true. She's ran into her room, covered her ears, and cried because she was scared of him. Now, he makes my step mother take her on a walk whenever he decides to punish me.

"Can't you block it out?" 

"I try... I try so hard..." My nose started to congest and my eyes threatened to leak. With a few sniffles, I wiped three tears away with my sweating hand from my pocket. I can't let her hear me cry... I have to be strong. For both of us.

"Then you do your best. If that's the best you can do, then I guess that's it. How far are you?" I stopped on the sidewalk, looking up at my front door.

"On the sidewalk in front of my house..."

"Oh..." We stood in silence.

"I should just go and get it over with..."

"Okay. Then, go in there. Be brave, okay?" She wants me to be brave?

"Okay. I'll be brave. Thank you," 

"My pleasure. Now, go get 'em, Brownie," I smiled at my nickname.

"I will, Sweet Tea. Bye,"

"Bye," I ended the call and took a deep breath. I have to be brave. For her. 

I walked through the parking lot, up the stairs, and to my front door. Another deep breath and I opened the door. I stood in the walkway, looking around the small living room. My father was sitting on the dark green sofa, his eyes glued to the flat screen on the wall. Maybe I can just sneak past him to my room... I quietly walked halfway past the sofa when he called me out.

"About lunch..." I stood up straight and faced him.

"Yes?"

"Why were you off campus?" He asked, not looking at me. I said nothing in response. He sighed, stood up, and faced me. "I asked you a question," I kept a straight face, staring ahead and showing no emotion. Like usual. 

"I wanted to go out and have lunch with my friend," I said as deadpan as possible.

"Oh, really? How fascinating! You just thought you could disobey what I told you?" Sarcasm rang in every syllable. 

Silence.

"Okay..." He pursed his lips and started to take off his belt. I took a deep breath and continued to stare ahead. Be brave. Be brave. Be brave.

"Be brave..." I heard myself whisper. My dad swung the hard leather across my face.

"What was that you said? Be brave? Let's see where bravery gets you," He wrapped the belt around his fist and pulled me up by my collar. One quick blow to the side of my face, and I was on the floor again. He chuckled at the sight of me on the floor.

"I think sentences is what you need... Three. 'I will obey'," He pulled a razor blade out of his pocket and threw it on the floor to me. "Let me see when you're finished," I picked up the razor and sat at the dinning table. Here we go again... I pulled up my sleeve, revealing the remaining scars from previous sentences. I pushed the corner of the blade into my pale forearm, dragging the blade downwards to make the first letter. A little space, then four diagonal lines to make a "W". 

I continued to impale and drag the blade through my arm until "I Will Obey" was written neatly and deep enough. I remember him making me redo several because they weren't deep enough or legible. 

"Father? I've finished," He got up off the sofa and walked over to me at our Ethan Allen table set. Carefully, he examined my arm, his finger smearing the blood all over my arm. He stood up, the razor in his hand. 

"Turn to face me," I did as told and saw all the anger in his eyes. He sighed and held my cheek in his hand. "You look just like your mother... You have her eyes and mouth..." A few more seconds, and a sharp pain burned through my cheek. He held the bloody razor and walked into the kitchen, water running in the background. "You're dismissed. Leave your cell phone," Looking at my phone on the wooden table, I felt sudden sadness take over me. How can I call Sweet Tea, now? As quickly as I could, I got up and walked into my room. Under my thin, itchy blankets, I held my pillow in my arms and yearned for Jiyoung. Through the wall I shared with my neighbors, I could hear Lalisa screaming at Kunpimook to go faster. You don't deserve this... I want you away from him and in my arms... Only mine...

---------------------------

Happy savage_minyoongi? I've published YET AGAIN~~~~