new beginnings, new friends

(Russian)

Apart from the dizzying heights and the nauseating speed and jerking of the car, the rest of my time at gringots bank was uneventful.  I filled my money bag with more than enough money for books and anything else I wanted for the school year as it was a pain to get money from school.

Harry was next up.  His body language told me he was uncomfortable, and he moved so he hid his pile of money from Mrs weasley and myself.  Like he was ashamed of it somehow.  The glimse I got of the pile told me he wasn't exactly poor, so I didn't understand his behavior.  He filled his bag quickly and we were off to Mrs weasleys vault.

I savored the time the cart was stopped, even if we were still hundreds of feet from the ground.  The whiplash I got from the turns our goblin driver made would surely make me sore for the next couple of days.

"Hey, did you have dress robes on your list this year?" I asked harry trying to give Mrs weasley her privacy.

"Yeah, you did too?  I wonder what's going on."  Harry wondered.

"I have to get measured for a dress.  Maybe this year we are having school dances." I suggested.

"Good luck with that since you are the only girl in your school."  Harry laughed.  I joined in imagining all the boys in the school tripping over themselves to ask me to the dance only to run when they saw viks death glare.

"Alright kids.  Time to shop.". Mrs weasley sighed settling back into her seat.  I gripped the end of my seat as hard as I could and braced myself as the cart started moving again.

The rest of our group waited for us near the bank doors, looking very out of place against the white building.  Especially the red headed weasleys.

We went back to flourish and blotts where I split off from the others to get my own books.  Most of the store was centered toward Hogwarts students, but I found a small section of foreign school books.  i glanced at my booklist:

defend yourself - harry thurston

spellcasting grade 4 - charles moorehouse

the complete history of wizardry - gian stout

how muggles view us - tony pullman

transfiguration grade 4 - caroline rennison

potions grade 4 - alec bialock

dark souls - max wells

what the hell was i thinking taking 7 classes this year!  i am going to be swamped with homework.  this year might be the first year a student died from over work.

The cashier gave me a strange look as I checked out.  But he didn't say anything on my books, only slipped my books neatly into a bag and handed me my change.  I couldn't be sure, but I got the feeling he was moving faster than normal to get me out of the store faster.

To ease his mind and to get out of the busy store I waited just outside the door for the others to finish up.  No one paid me any attention as they ran their errands.  Small groups of young students went by with handfuls of candy leaving a sweet smell in the air even when they were gone.  Older witches strolled by with their heads close together giggling like school girls.

"Oh there you are, dear.  Stay close I Dont want to lose you."  Mrs wealsey said as she left the bookstore.

"Sorry Mrs. Weasley.  I didn't want to be in the way.". I said as she bustled down the street. 

Hermione already had her nose in her new book.  Being a good friend I stayed near her and guided her away from obstacles.  I couldn't let her run into poles or trip over ledges, even if it would be funny.  She didn't even glance up from her book as I pushed and pulled her.