She Beat Me To It

Ivan finally had a reason for her to come to his house. 

Amelia E. Jones, who he had been crushing on her for a while now, was his partner for a science project.

While he didn't like her and found her annoying at first, he came to appreciate her constant enthusiasm and how she never failed to say hi to him whenever she saw him. He loved the way she'd smile at everyone, especially him, and how bright the smile was. Amelia was like a fire that never seemed to get dimmer. Instead, it seemed that as time went on she glowed brighter and truer.

Ivan was smitten.

And Amelia was sitting in his living room right now doing the research for their science project. And he was in the kitchen with a sunflower and a box of chocolates, practicing how he was going to ask her out.  

He twiddled his thumbs nervously as he tried to think of how he was going to ask, what exactly he would say, and when he would reveal the flower and the chocolates. After several minutes, he assured himself he was ready. It's now or never.

He took a deep breath and pushed open the door to the living room. Ivan froze.

There on the couch was Amelia, laying down making out with Ivan's sister, Natalya, who was sitting on her. Amelia had a hand on her collar as if she pulled her in, which Amelia probably did, and Natalya had her hands on Amelia's shoulders as if she was pinning her down, which she probably was.

Ivan dropped the flower and the chocolates. He watched in horror as the two continued on, not noticing him enter the room.