Part 18

(Warning: This chapter has a bit of suicide involved. I will put this symbol [⬇️] where it starts and this symbol [⬆️] where it ends. If you don't mind then read the whole chapter and enjoy :) )

⬇️
If I end this right now, I will be free. No more worrying, no more stress, no more losses. Everything will be much better, right?

I step even closer to the edge of the roof. The end was getting nearer and nearer. There was barely any space left on the roof. I take another step and another. Before I know it, I'm at the very edge of the roof. If I take one more step I'll fall off. I was about to step when I feel someone grab my waist and pull me back.
⬆️

"Destiny," he says.

"Shawn?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says.

"But I thought you were dead," I say.

"Is that what he said?" he says.

"Who said?" I ask.

"Nick. He's not a good guy at all. I thought he was my friend but he kidnapped me and I just managed to get out today," he says.

"He kidnapped you?!" I say.

"I don't know why but yeah he did," he says.

"I can't believe that," I say.

"But hey I'm okay now and I'm here," he says.

"I missed you so much. I couldn't believe you were dead," I say.

"I missed you too. Now please tell me you weren't about to jump a couple minutes ago," he says.

"I.....was," I say.

"But why Des? You have so many people that care about you and what would they think if they saw you killed yourself!" he says.

"Everyone's gone. I have no one left," I say.

"What? What do you mean?" he asks.

"My mom, dad, and brother left to who knows where and Isla left with Liam to start a new life. I thought you were dead and I just couldn't take it anymore. I was sick of losing people and sick of life in general," I say tearing up.

"I'm so sorry Des. But that shouldn't be a reason for you to give up. You can't give up okay. Promise me that no matter what you will never give up," he says.

"I promise," I say.

"Good. I know you will keep it," he says.

"I will," I say.

"Des I missed you so much you don't even know," he says.

"Me too," I say giving him a hug and we stayed in that position.

"Can I say something?" he asks.

"Go ahead," I say.

"From the moment I saw you I knew you were different. You made me so happy. You made me smile like I haven't ever before. It was all so perfect. You were perfect for me. And that's when I started to find out what was happening to me. I was falling in love with you. Every second that went by I fell more in love with you. Your laugh, your smile, just everything you did made me fall more in love with you. And now I know for sure. You don't have to say it back or anything but Destiny I love you," he says.

I pull back from the hug so I can see his face. I wipe my tears away and look him in the eye and say, "Shawn I love you too."

"Really?!" he says his smile getting brighter than ever.

"Really," I say.

"I'm so happy right now you don't even know!" he says.

He picks me up and starts spinning me around.

"Shawn! We're going to fall!" I say while laughing.

"You're right," he says chuckling.

He sets me down and cups my cheeks.

"I love you so much," he says.

"I love you too," I say.

Then I feel his soft lips on mine. I kiss back and I feel the same spark from last time come back to me. I've really missed this feeling.

Then I hear a gunshot and we pull back.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here," a voice says.