Chapter 1

Danny was sitting outside the principals office fidgeting. His brother dash got in trouble so he went to wait for their mum to pick them up. He saw his mother walked in. "Hi mummy" he said to her. "What's going on why are you here" she asked.

"Dash got in trouble again so I went to wait here" he said. "All right sweetie go wait in the car me and Dash won't be long ok" she said as she was about to enter the office. Danny nodded and went to the car.

When he got inside he fastened his seat belt and moved away from Jack Jacks car seat. Danny was slightly scared of jack jack because after he was born he saw Jack Jack go on fire for 10 seconds. his parents thought Jack Jack like him didn't have powers but Danny knew he did and ever sense then he has been scared of his baby brother.

As his mom and brother got in the car Helen noticed Danny backing away from Jack Jack. "Why are you so afraid of Jack Jack" she asked as she started the car.

"Yeah he's just a baby" Dash said from the front passenger seat. "He can turn into fire" Danny said as the car began to drive away. " honey we've been over this you didn't see Jack Jack turn into fire he doesn't have powers" Helen said.

Jack Jack giggled and reached out to Danny. "So why was Dash at the office again"  Danny asked changing the subject. "He put a thumbtack in his teachers chair" Helen said to her son in the back. "Why did you do that" Danny asked. Dash just shrugged.

"Oh and mommy my teacher wants to talk to you tomorrow" Danny said. Danny was put into a special needs class instead of being in Dash's class.

"Did she say why" Helen asked. "Something about my process" Danny said. Dash began to smile as the subject change."don't be so smug Dash this is the third time this year you've been sent to the office We need to find a better outlet. A more...constructive outlet." Helen said to him.

"Maybe I could, if you'd let me go out for sports." Dash said pouting. Dash had the power of super speed which allows him to run at speeds normal
Humans can't. He couldn't try out for any sports in case he exposed his family's as supers.

"Honey, you know why we can't do that" Helen said. "I promise I'll slow up. I'll only be the best by a tiny bit" Dash begged. "Dashiell Robert Parr, you are an incredibly competitive boy.
And a bit of a showoff. The last thing you need is temptation" Helen said.

"You always say, ''Do your best.'' But you don't really mean it. Why can't I do the best that I can do?" Dash asked. "Right now, honey, the world just wants us to fit in, and to fit in, we just gotta be like everybody else" Helen said.

"Dad always said our powers were nothing to be ashamed ofOur powers made us special" Dash said. "Everyone's special Dash" Helen said. "Which is another way of saying no one is" Dash said going back to pouting.

"I feel special and I don't have powers" Danny said. "That's because your basically brain dead " Dash whispered so quietly that only their mom could hear. "Dash you don't say stuff like that about your brother" Helen scolded. "What did he say" Danny asked.

"Nothing sweetie nothing you need to hear" Helen said. "Mommy why don't t I have powers like you Daddy Violet and Dash" Danny asked. It's always been a issue he thought about why doesn't he have super powers. "I don't know sweetie some times it just happens" Helen said as she parked the car outside their older sister violets high school.

Danny started taping on the door waiting for violet to get out. Eventually Dash had enough of waiting and rolled down his window. "Come on, Violet!" He called out the window. Violet ran over to the car and Danny moved over to in between Violet and Jack Jack. As she closed the door Violet noticed some odd markings on it.

"Mum" Violet said. "Yes honey" Helen said as she began to drive. "There's some weird holes here on the door sort of like finger tips" she said. Helen saw over her shoulder and saw the holes. "That's weird they weren't there when I left or picked up the boys" she said. "Huh that's where I was taping earlier and they weren't there either" Danny said.

"Wait you were tapping there" Helen said. Danny nodded. Helen stopped the car. "Danny honey put your finger tips in those holes. Danny put his finger tips in the holes and they matched. Helen went wide eyed. "What's going on mom" Dash asked. "I I think I think Danny might have powers" she said.

Danny started grinning "I do yay" he said. "Now hold on Danny we don't know that we'll talk about when we get home" Helen said. As she continued to drive.

...............................................................
When they got home Dash and Violet went up to their rooms but Helen made Danny go into the living room with her.

"now Danny do you know how you did that to the car door" Helen asked. "It's because I have super powers" Danny guessed.

"Let's try a little something ok" Helen asked. Danny nodded. Helen looked around the room. And looked at the couch. "Danny lift up the couch" she said. "Why mommy" Danny asked. "I have a wild theory about your power so go ahead lift up the couch" Helen said.

Danny walked over to the couch and was able to lift the whole thing up with one hand. Helen went wide eyed. "Oh there's my teddy bear" Danny said seeing his favourite teddy bear in a spot that the couch covered. Suddenly his arm stretched out and grabbed the bear and his arm returned to normal.

He put the couch back down and hugged his bear. "So what's my power mommy" he asked. "I think you might have mine and your daddy's power sweetie" she said to him. "Yay I have powers I have powers" he cheered.

"Can I go upstairs now mommy" he asked. She nodded. Danny still grinning ran upstairs to his room.

.............................................................

When Bob got home he was met by his wife. "Hi sweetie" he said kissing her cheek. "Bob we need to talk" she said. "What is it" he asked. "Danny has powers" she said. "What do you mean Danny has powers" Bob asked confused. "When we picked violet up we saw markings on the door like somebody pressed into it Danny made them. and when we got home I told him to left up the couch and he did one handed and his other arm stretched out" Helen said.

"Well that's great news isn't it Danny has powers and not just any powers ours" Bob said smiling. "No Bob it's not Danny can't even tie his shoe laces or ride his bike without training wheels he can't handle them bob" Helen said.

"Then what are we going to do" said. Helen sighed. "I guess we could teach him how to control them so at least he will be able to control them" Helen said.

Danny has heard every word of his parents conversation and was on the verge of tears. He ran into his room crying and collapsed on the bed. Because of his condition his parents think he can't handle his powers or that he might expose them. As Danny cried into his pillow he began to feel sleepy and fell asleep crying