Chapter 15∞

Chapter 15 ∞

Mia∞

I could hear the announcer announce that its almost half time making me nervous.

I began pacing back and forth as Darla, Constance, Amber, and Tahja gave us a pep talk. Tonight's our first performance at half time for the Morehouse basketball team. They say that it's just a warm up for our real competitions but that doesn't make me any less nervous for this performance.

Everyone that goes to Morehouse and  Spelman will be watching including him. So I am extremely nervous.

"We have been practicing day and night to show them how we're coming before we have some real competitions," Tahja stated.

"So we have to bring it so we can represent for our school. We have five minutes so ladies get it together," Constance added in.

Majority of the team is just as nervous as I am but they're right. We did work really hard, practicing literally everyday for a couple of hours. Being so busy I didn't really have time for Luke or Kenzi which I'm glad I don't have time for her. She just keeps trying to apologize to me but what she said showed her true colors.

We all gathered by the entrance to the big gym waiting for announcer to announce us.

Once we were announced one by one we went running out in a line each doing a signature move such as the splits , a cartwheel, or just jumping in the air.

Eventually the song we usually dance to in practice began to blare as we all got into position.

"One...Two...Three..Four.." Tahja chanted as we followed the routine smoothly.

I made sure to show off a little by shaking my hips  a little more and doing the routine sexily once I seen Luke sitting in the upper corner by a couple of other guys.

I watched as he barely paid attention to me which knocked me off my pivot as I accidentally stepped super hard on one of the other dancers foot. She let out a yell as she lifted her foot to her hand making everyone's attention turn to her including him. After that the performance went downhill because someone bumped into her who then bumped into some else. It got awkward and we all went running back towards our meetup area which is just outside the morehouse gym.

"Stacy, what was that?!" Darla shouted at the girl who's foot I stepped on.

"Don't blame it on me. She's the one that stepped on my foot," Stacy replied pointing at me.

I looked around awkwardly looking to see if she was pointing behind me.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I accidentally missed a step," I stated shrugging my shoulders.

Tahja stepped to me, "You just shrugging ya shoulders like it's no big deal. You embarrassed us in front of both of the schools," she stated mean mugging me.

"This was only a practice, right? It wasn't an actual competition. I'll be better during the competitions," I told her.

She shook her head, "You won't make it to the competition. You're off the dance team," Tahja said making my mouth drop.

Okay, I know I messed up but I did not think they would kick me off the team because of one little screw up.

"But I only messed up once and y'all were talking about how good of a dancer y'all thought I was, what happened to that?" I asked them as they started walking away from me.

I followed behind them as they kept walking.

"All that doesn't matter anymore after you embarrassed us," Tahja said waving me off.