ch. 27

loving and fighting

"he's not answering." wyatt said anxiously. "what if he's read it, didn't open it, and didn't want to respond because he didn't feel the same way?"

accusing, denying

"we're going." jack grabbed wyatt's wrist and pulled him up from his bed.

"what? where?"

"jaeden's house, dumbass."

— they arrive at jaeden's house —

i can't imagine a world with you gone

"what are you waiting for? go inside." jack pushed wyatt lightly towards the door.

"i'm nervous."

"i know. but trust me, you'll feel better when you see him." jack smiled.

the joy and the chaos

wyatt sighed and opened the door, surprised that it was actually unlocked. he glanced at jack, who nodded. he stepped inside and turned around. "you're not coming with me?"

"of course not. there's no way that i'm losing sleep because of some moaning."

wyatt rolled his eyes. "fine. i'll see you later."

the demons we're made of

"yep. good luck." jack returned to the uber and hopped inside.

wyatt closed the door and looked around the living room. "jaeden?" he called, but there wasn't a response.

i'd be so lost if you left me alone

he heard running water coming from upstairs so that's where he went. the noise was coming from the bathroom as expected. "jaeden, are you in there?" he called out, knocking on the door. silence. he felt his shoe become damp and he looked down, then his eyes widened. on the tiles was water tinted red. immediately, wyatt knocked harder on the door, now screaming the boy's name. he tried opening it but it was locked.

you locked yourself in the bathroom

he was thinking of breaking down the door like in movies, but wasn't sure if he would be able to. "fuck it." wyatt kicked the door and to his surprise, it collapsed.

lying on the floor when i break through

his heart dropped at the sight. he ran to the pale boy and instantly embraced him. he applied pressure with his two fingers against jaeden's neck, sobbing.

i pull you in to feel your heartbeat
can you hear me screaming
please don't leave me

his pulse was weak, but it was there. and that was all wyatt cared about. "jaeden, please. oh my god."

hold on
i still want you

wyatt's bloody fingers reached for the phone in his pocket. he called the emergency number and struggled to explain what was happening.

come back
i still need you

they hung up and wyatt held jaeden's hand.

let me take your hand
i'll make it right

he squeezed it as tears ran down his cheeks. he never felt so heartbroken.

i swear to love you all my life

soon enough, the ambulance arrived and brought jaeden inside. they allowed wyatt to join.

hold on
i still need you