Chapter III- The Talk

"Are you kidding me?" levi scoffed as he read through the letter from isabeld school. "You couldn't just behave yourself?"

"It wasn't me dad! This kid was making fun of me about a question I asked in science!" she objected.

"Nonetheless, I have to go into your school now and discuss with a teacher about your little argument." he huffed but ruffled her hair to let her know he believed her. "Now. Go get ready, make yourself look presentable."

"Okay dad!" she raced off upstairs to change and quickly do her hair.

"Am I staying with miss hanji?" Farlan asked quietly, tugging on Levi's shirt sleeve to get his attention from where he was scowling into the paper.

"We won't be long Farlan, no worries." he smiled reassuringly and bent down to offer him a hug. For once he accepted and cuddled into his arms.

"I guess I'll see you soon then." he said, his voice muffled by his shirt.

"You will." levi said, reluctantly standing and turning away from his son. "Isabel hurry up!" he called, receiving stomping on the stairs as a response.

"I'm coming I'm coming!" she called as she ran down and practically barrelled through Farlan as she gave him a fleeting hug. "I'll see you soon bro!"

He just nodded, looking up to where levi was beckoning her over to the door, wrapping his dark green scarf around his slender neck with a little sigh. As isabel ran out of the door he flashed hanji a small smile before leaving after her.

-At the school-

"Do you care to explain your behaviour Eren?" Erwin said calmly to the sulking boy.

"I didn't do nothing!" he whined, looking up at his mother with a pleading gaze. Carla just sighed and shook her head.

"I'm sorry for his behaviour Mr Smith, I do hope he'll apologise properly when Mr Ackerman and Isabel get here." she gave her son a pointed look as he pouted. There was a soft knock at the door before a fidgety looking Isabel walked in with her dad.

"Ah levi, Isabel, do sit down." Erwin waved a hand towards the spare chairs opposite his desk. Levi frowned at the chairs before deciding they couldn't be too dirty so reluctantly sat down, Isabel copying him quickly.

"Well?" levi questioned in a bored tone, sitting with his arms firmly crossed over his chest.

"Mr Ackerman, Isabel, I do believe my son owes you two an apology." Carla said warmly, sensing Levi's discomfort.

"Sorry." Eren scoffed as he glared daggers at the ground.

"Oh come on brat, make it easier for all of us and just apologise for your mistakes." Levi sighed, wanting to spend as little time here as possible. Being around 'Mr Smith' have him a warm fuzzy feeling that he wasn't used to and he wasn't very comfortable with not knowing his own feelings.

Eren frowned. "Fine. I'm sorry for making fun of you when you were only asking a genuine question out of curiosity."

"There, that wasn't so hard." Erwin said. "Now that that's settled, Carla, Eren you can leave. Have a nice night."

Carla smiled and gave a little wave as she took Erens hand and lead him from the office.

"Isabel, wait outside please I just need to talk with your father." Erwin smiled, his crystal eyes warm as she stood up and shuffled from the room.

"Yes?" levi asked curiously, trying to stop the way his heart raced and swallowed thickly to stop his blushing.

"I wanted to apologise for the inconvenience, I imagine you had to come out of work for this Conversation." he replied.

Levi chuckled dryly. "No worries, if it means isabel didn't get the blame I'd come at any time." "And if I can see more of you." he added silently in his mind. "I'm glad this is cleared up, so I'm going to be getting back to my shop now."

"Ah, of course, that means you must own that teashop." Erwin smiled.

"That I do, maybe I'll see you there sometime." Levi's eyes widened at his own words and he rushed out of the room. Did he just invite this guy to his shop?!

"That you will levi, that you will." Erwin thought as the shorter male left the room. He secretly couldn't wait to see him again.