Two - Fruitfly Orgies

One new discord notification: QuackityHQ - y/n i have good news

[yourdiscordname]
what is it???

QuackityHQ
im almost done editing the video
i think if i edit overnight ill be able to post it tmr

[yourdiscordname]
pulling an all nighter is a really bad idea and youll be
so tired but ok u do u

[yourdiscordname]
why did it so goddamn long to edit this video?? youve been putting it off for a long time now

QuackityHQ
i take a while to edit ok

[yourdiscordname]
i get if you took 1-2 weeks but youve been at it for way longer than that?? and i know u only took a couple days to edit the imvu video so

QuackityHQ
ur not a youtuber, you wouldnt know

[yourdiscordname]
just because im not a
youtuber doesnt mean i dont know how to use video editing softwares. i actually think i mighr be better than you

[yourdiscordname]
*might. u have no reason to tell anymore lies so tell me what u do to avoid editing

QuackityHQ
i get bored and then i stream or sleep or literally anything that isnt editing

[yourdiscordname]
u have a hard time being focused and managing ur time, dont u

QuackityHQ
you sound like my grandma now

[yourdiscordname]
rip grandma bertha

[yourdiscordname]
but back to editing. call me

QuackityHQ
???

QuackityHQ
wouldnt that distract me more??

[yourdiscordname]
no ill be there to keep u focused and u wont get bored bc im there

[yourdiscordname]
actually im just bored and i dont feel like doing any of my homework

QuackityHQ
whos the one putting things off now??

[yourdiscordname]
shut the fuck up and answer my call

quackity | y/n

"Hey."

"You know that big knot of fruitflies buzzing around your fruit...and your head? They're hungry for more than just some overripe banana. Turns out, they're having a big, huge orgy."

"I didn't want to know that."

"Well, I wanted to ruin your day."

"You already ruined it when I heard your voice."

"Shut up."

"..."

"Stop laughing! It wasn't even that good of an insult."

"..."

"Aren't you supposed to be editing?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot."

"Productive, my ass."

"You're the one talking about fruitflies having sex."

"Shut up or I'll read the full article. There's also another one about cannabal ducks."

"Oh no. I'm gonna start editing."

"Fine by me."

***

Alex sighed, leaving the discord call with Y/N. It was probably the most fun he had in a while. The first 30 minutes went by fine, he had just finished cutting out all of the one hour of footage. The next half hour was not as productive, to say the least. Y/N had started going on r/copypasta and started reading the posts in different voices. Alex joined her, and in a couple minutes they were rolling on the floor, laughing at how stupid they sounded. He had done absolutely nothing during that time.

After about 40 minutes of trying to edit, he gave up. He couldn't edit with Y/N on the other line, making him laugh with every other sentence she said. They began to listen to music, giving each other song suggestions.

"Please don't recommend the iCarly theme song." She had said.

So he played it. Y/N was fake gagging, making dying sounds while Alex chuckled. After it was done, Alex went to play it again to torture Y/N, when she blasted LOOK AT ME! at the highest volume possible on her speaker. She was singing along to every lyric. Alex was confused at why she knew the exact pacing and all the lyrics to the song. Y/N had shrugged and told him if he didn't shut the fuck up she would play it on all the speakers she had, including the her 4 huge-ass speakers. He wondered why they were there, but he wouldn't dare ask. He guessed that she listened to music a lot.

After a while, they began genuinely talking about their favourite songs. Alex was surprised to know that she listened to alternative music. She had suggested a couple songs by some unknown artists, that they had listened to together. He didn't know much about the genre itself, but he had decided he somewhat liked the music.

Alex recommended a couple rap songs, which Y/N refused to listen to, saying that if she wanted to listen to garbage, she would just stand by her trash can.

He asked about the speakers. Y/N told him she liked using the speakers to play the songs because the speakers were high quality.

"Oh, I just like blasting music on max volume, so loud that my neighbours call the staff to tell me to shut the fuck up." She said.

They continued to talk about many different topics, for several hours. Alex has been enjoying talking to Y/N so much that he didn't even realize that it was 4am until Y/N told him she had better get to sleep, as it was a school day tomorrow.

He had wished they could be talking longer, but he was tired, too.

"Alright, bye." He said, trying to cover his disappointment.

"Goodnight."

And they both left the call.

Alex sat by his desk, staring at his mic. He realized that after he posted the video, he would have no reason to talk to her. He wanted to keep talking to her, though. She was so interesting and funny.

It had been a while since he had made some new friends anyway. What was the harm of talking to a couple new people? She had seemed like she would've been a good friend.

Without a second thought, Alex goes to their discord chat and starts typing on his keyboard.

One new discord notification - QuackityHQ: i know ur asleep but i just really wanted to say ur really funny and calling u was fun. hope we can become friends in the future??? thats all gn