chapter 12

It has almost been three months and both the beta nor my father have woken up, it was getting frustrating because we haven't found any leads. Ronnie showed me the letter that Mickey had received, we checked for fingerprints but we didn't find any. whoever it was is very smart, they made sure to cover up their tracks. I had my best trackers in the forest at all times, they were searching thoroughly but so far nothing. I was getting fed up and losing hope. what if they never wake up, what if i never find out who done this. There was so many what if's, the only good thing that has happened is that the pack like Alana. as I have been so busy, she has managed to get to know people in the pack and has spent time with them. if it wasn't for her I am pretty sure that I would be all over the place, she reminds me to eat and forces me to go to bed at midnight the latest.

On top of all of the stress, Sam had another black eye. I was so tempted to kill Drew but when i saw what Sam had done in return I calmed down a little. They were arguing because Sam had made a friend that was a guy and had been spending time with him. Drew didn't like that so he forbid Sam from seeing him and Sam had gotten so angry that he threw Drew to the ground and managed to get some hits in, I knew that if Drew actually tried to fight, Sam wouldn't have gotten any hits in. I told Alana to keep an eye on the two because I was always busy.

I sat in my office going through paperwork that other packs had sent in order to continue our alliances, I also had to fill out paperwork for supplies for the pack. It was past Midnight and was both happy and annoyed that I would be going to bed because I hadn't finished and I was behind. The door to my office slammed open and Josh, the boy that works on the desk at the infirmary came in breathing heavily. I stood up in alarm and made my way to Josh.

"alpha, he is awake"

"who?"

"Mickey, sir"

I motioned for Josh to lead the way, we both jogged towards the infirmary whilst Josh told me that Mickey had just woken up half an hour ago. he would have come to get me sooner but the doctor wanted to check everything and had announced that he would be fine. I ran up to the second floor after thanking him for getting me. I sighed in relief when I saw Mickey sitting up and talking to Ronnie. They both looked up and Mickey smiled at me, I tried to stop the tears but it was useless. I walked to Mickey and hugged him. he was my best friend and the fact that I might have never seen him again was terrifying, he was the only person to not think little of me and was there for me when I needed him.

"Hey mate, there is no reason to cry"

"I know, it's just that I wasn't there to help you"

"Hunter, that doesn't matter. you found your mate finally and I am fine now so it all worked out for the best"

I punched him lightly on the arm and he held it and dramatically kissed it trying to make it better.

"what was that for"

"for not telling anyone that the pack was threatened and not telling them I found my mate."

he looked at me sheepishly and apologized, I decided not to question him until the morning because I was sure he just wanted to be with his mate. I left at around 1 am, I walked down the stairs and was surprised to see Josh still sitting there. He stood when he saw me and asked about the beta.

"Weren't you the one to tell me that he was alright?"

"yes but I was still worried because I only trust my Alpha's judgment"

I smiled at Josh and told him that Mickey was indeed fine and I also told him to go to bed because he must be tired. He thanked me and we walked back to the pack house in silence, we parted ways as I walked to my room and was surprised to see Alana still awake. when she saw me, she jumped out of the bed and ran to me before jumping onto me and wrapping her legs around my waist. I was confused as to why she was acting that way but I didn't ask. I walked towards the bed and laid her down, she reluctantly let go so I could get changed in the bathroom. when I finished, I walked back to the bed and laid down, I pulled her into my arms.