Why Not!

It was my last day of school for awhile for tommorow was the first day of a peacefull Christmas break. It was mostly a normal day. Some classes didn't even try to do an activity and others were reviewing for the EOC. I wasn't really ecited for the break. I should love Christmas break because most kids are. I just have no plans because all my freinds are leaving to Colorado to celebrate Chrismas and the New Years at a winter house. They couldn't invite me for there is no more rooms unless I wanted to share a bed with someone. And I honestly didn't feel like sharing a bed or a room for that matter. Another reason I don't like Christmas break is because my family is not fun to live with 24/7. I love them to death but they might literally be the death of me.

At Lunch, I sat with my freinds like I usually do but something was new. Someone was sitting in my sit....actually...Two poeple were sitting where I usually sit. They weren't sitting in the same seat but just two extra chairs. The two were a blonde haired girl with a neon pink jacket and a brown haired boy in solid black. I pulled up a chair and the only open place I could sit was away from my freinds but it was near them. Better then not with them at all right? Theodora my best freind kept talking about their trip to Colorado.

"So I was thinking maybe, me and Mikie. plus you and Destiny....can ride in the same car?" she was talking to the brown hair dude that stole my seat.

"So about that" The blonde girl stood up "I can't go." She seemed a little bit angry "I'm actually done with your crap. I'm breaking up with you!" She started yelling. It wasn't hard not to hear, but I pretended not to hear her. Or anyone for that matter and looked at my book. I didn't want to get in their drama. They all kind of sat there in silent trying to process what just happen.

"Ok, so that happen." Theodora had been the first one to break the ice. " Do you still want to come even though she left?"

"Ya, nothing is going to stop me from having fun on my break." The brown hair boy said cheerfully. But he obviously was sad because he just looked down at his food and played with it. When he looked up at Theodora she was on her phone texting and he gave her a fake smile and went back to playing with his food.

"So, now Harper says she can't go because her parents wouldn't let her unless her sister goes. This is all going down hill." Theodora started stressing you could her it in her voice.

" Everything is going fine, don't stress over it" Mikie said cuddling her. Mikie is Theodora's boyfreind and they were dating for a year now. They were the ones that planned the trip.

"Iadookea7personkiinayithallthesfunactivities." she started slurring her words to the point that no ones can understand her and once she is like this there is no point tring to get anything out of her. Unless you are like me and work with kids that don't know how to get words out.

"What did you say?" The two boys said at exactly the same time

"She said that she booked a 7 person skiing activity." I chimed in. They wouldn't get so far talking to her if I don't jump in, so I did. The myster boy just looked at me in amazement.

"There you go proving that you know slurring language." Mikie mocked me

"It is such a shame that you can't even understand your girlfreind." I just started a war that I will win

" Well if your so clever why don't you read my mind." he started to get upset by they way he started spitting out thing to say.

" I cant read your mind. You would need a brain for that." I smile in victory because that was a good comeback.

"Oh burn." The boy stood up and left to throw his tray away.

I went back to my book. I was reading but I wasn't paying attention and I would read the two line over and over again.

"Who can replace Harper and Destiney?" Theodora finally gain her voice back. A little while after that I looked up from my book and then Theodora slammed my book out of my hand and it flew to the ground.

"NOOOOOO...........I didn't save my spot." I over dramatically dropped to the floor. I was on the ground worshiping my book.

"Brooklynn, this is a live or death situation. Can you spend christmas break with us. Now that Harper is gone there is a extra bed and I need you to make at least six poeple. Andthegrouphangout.....ski.....thing..will..allow us to have six."

"Ya, Why Not" I said picking up the book from the ground.