Chapter Nine: A Crush

"Alright mom, I'm leaving now!" Camilla calls out to her parents, her overnight bag on her shoulder as she skips down the stairs.

"Where is she going again?" Camilla's mom whispers to her dad, him responding with a shrug as he keeps his eyes on the football game on the tv. "Honey, can you come in here for a second?!" Her mom yells back to her, causing Camilla to exaggeratedly sigh and throw her head back, before placing the bag and her car keys down on the table and running back up the stairs to her parent's room.

"Yes, mother?"

"Where are you going again, honey?" Her mom asks sweetly, patting the bed, asking for Camilla to sit next to her. She glances at her dad, him giving her a smile and doing the same action as her mother.

Camilla squints her eyes at her parents, wondering why they were acting so suspicious. She walks to over to them, instead sitting at the end of the bed as she keeps her suspicious expression. 

"Jessica's... what's going on guys? Why are you acting so weird?"

"Why don't you come sit over here, honey?" Camilla's dad tries to persuade her, patting the spot in between them with a hopeful smile on his face. "How about you guys tell me what you're hiding?"

Both her parents faces drop, finally dropping the act. "Listen.." Her dad begins with a sigh. "We're going on another.. vacation." Camilla scoffs, standing up off the bed and throwing her arms in the air. "Of course. Now it totally makes sense why you guys are acting like this."

"Cammy, this time is different. You can take care of yourself, and we can send you money every week to make sure of that." Camilla's mom tries to reassure her.

"Oh, so you guys can go and disappear for months like all the other vacations you took, and I'll be 'taken care of' because I'm being sent money? Wow, parents of the fucking year everybody." She says sarcastically, walking towards the door with her arms crossed.

"Hey, you stop right there young lady. You do not speak to us like that. We raised you better than that." Her dad says sternly, pointing a finger at her.

"You barely raised me at all. Remember? Because you took all those god damn all around the world vacations, and business trips, trying to forget you have a daughter back at home that needs you." "Now hold on, we didn't leave you completely alone, you had the nanny."

"The nanny?!" She scoffs, yelling loudly in disbelief. "Oh, you mean the stranger that took care of me everyday, and showed me more love than my own parents. Right."

"Why are you acting like a child?!" Her mom finally yelled back, Camilla laughing a humorless laugh. "Right, I'm always the fucking child. I'm going to Jess's. You guys won't be here when I come back tomorrow, I assume?"

Neither of her parents say a word, Camilla laughing again. "Right. See you whenever you decide to be parents again."

Camilla sighs, pulling up outside of her friends house. Montgomery had texted her he was sleeping at Bryce's, so she knew she wasn't going to be hearing from him for the night. She grabs her bag from the passenger seat, and walks towards the front door, knocking on it lightly and trying to stop the emotions from spilling out.

The door opens, a friendly familiar face greeting her with a hug. "How are you doing, Camilla? You look great sweetie." "I'm doing fine, Mrs. Atkins. Thank you for asking."

Jeff's mom takes her hand, gently pulling her inside and closing the door. "Jeff said you were staying the night. He spent the past couple of hours cleaning that messy room and trying to find stuff for you guys to eat and watch. Really had a whole bitch fit." His mom jokes, causing Camilla to laugh loudly.