Chapter 1

First off, thanks for clicking on my story and giving it a chance. However, this is my first book so please, bare with me.

Edited*

Greyson's POV.

"GREYSON VALENTINE, GET YOUR WORTHLESS, FAGGOT ASS UP NOW!!!" Is what I woke up to this fine Monday morning. Yes I know what you're thinking, Valentine? Why Valentine? Like seriously? Well yeah, I'm cursed with a lousy last name okay? And it's ironic really, having your mom die in a car accident on Valentine's Day while having Valentine as a last name. I remember that day too well. All too well. That year my mom got my dad some shoes that he wanted, but they were a size too small. When I pointed that out, she asked me to come along so that I could help. On our way back we were singing and dancing to the music. But since it was Valentine's Day, some drunk had to be out there to drive and rammed into my moms side. My mom died on impact while I only got away with only a deep scar on my chest from the glass. It haunts me every single day.

I get to my bathroom and turn on my straightener and I switch out my piercing for today. While I wait for the straightener to heat up, I get out some of my black skinny jeans, a Panic! At the Disco sweatshirt, and my black and white converse shoes. After I finish my hair I make sure to put on some bracelets to hide my scars. I cut and I'm suicidal, I've tried twice. I had deep scars on my wrist form one and as for the other attempt, I tried to overdose but failed as my pathetic drunken father found me, both times actually. I think the only reason he kept me alive was to be his personal punching bag but he kicks me sometimes too. So maybe more than just a punching bag but still. I manage to get out of the door unnoticed. Huh, must be asleep. I jump into the car my mother left me and drove off to school hoping my best friend, Lucy won't kill me saying as though I'm already running late. I jump out of the car and race inside to my locker. As I slam my locker closed two fingers jab into my sides, scaring the shit out of me.

"OH MY-" I turn around and Lucy is doubled over, holding her stomach, laughing at my less-than-manly squeal.

"Th-that was-s price....less-s! Oh my god. Holy shit." By now my face is a deep crimson and we've attracted more stares in the hall. Thankfully though the warning bell goes off, indicating we only have five more minutes to get to class. I race down the hall and through the door of my first period, art. I love art and English. It's like my biggest pet peeve to have someone make grammar and spelling mistakes.

As usual Luce isn't with me so I get shy and look down to hide my face so that I don't have to look at anyone. Today was a half day so the classes were only about 20 minutes each.  See, no one knows what goes on at home or what I've tried to do or that I'm gay, except for Luce. She's the only one that will accept me. She's the only one that'll ever accept me. But that doesn't change the fact that I can never tell her that I'm abused because it'll only get worse.

The teacher walks in and the class immediately shuts up.

"So, by now you guys should know that I'm not the kind of teacher that'll beat around the bush. Anyways you all have a new project that requires partners. I have already chosen those partners," the whole class groans and rolls their eyes, "Great. So the project will be you and your partner are going to create a piece depending on how you see how that person feels and looks. You will have to get to know each other. Bond, even. You will include the exterior looks and the interior feelings of that person. Now it's your job to have a creative twist within the piece.

This assignment is due in twenty weeks. It's also one half of your grade so I suggest you work cooperatively. Onwards with partners, Trent with Breanna. Joesph and Richard. Becky and Jessica........," he continues on with the names of all of my class mates but I zone out. I stare at the window and wonder how I'm gonna do this project without letting anything slip. It'll only make things worse.

I come back as Mr. Phillips says my name, "Greyson and Lucas...." Just perfect. Lucas Andrews is the schools Golden Boy. Mr. Perfect. He plays half the sports this school has to offer, he's the schools star quarterback on the football team, he gets perfect grades I'm sure, and he's very popular; all of the things I'm not. I inwardly groan as he sits next to me.

"Hi... um I'm Lucas but everyone calls me Luke," He smiled a genuine smile but it made all of my insides go to a jelly-like substance and heart skipped a beat. No. I will not have a crush on this boy. I refuse. "I was wondering if you would be okay with going to mine after school to work on the project. Unless you wanna go to your place that's totally okay with me too." He got all flustered and added the other half in quickly when I didn't answer. He blushed and it was the most adorable thing ever.

"No, that's perfect actually. Your place is just fine. Greyson, by the way." I chuckled but it sounded more of a squeak really so I looked down to hide my now inflamed cheeks. Out of my peripheral vision I could see his body coming closer to mine and his hand reaching for under my chin. Just as his fingertips graze my chin, the bell rings stating the end of class. I jumped out of my seat and scrambled to get my things, also trying to ignore the sparks that flew when he gave me the smallest of touches. As I run down the hall only one thing is running through my mind.

There goes not having a crush on him.