[17 ¤ welcome to the party!]

《WELCOME TO THE PARTY!》

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF ATTEMPTED MUGGING, VIOLENCE AND EXCESSIVE PROFANITY

MINA FELT GOOD. She decided this as she jumped from building to building late at night. She was testing out Tony Stark's suit, tailor-made for her, and she was finding it completely flawless.

Much to her dismay.

It had this amazing ability that helped her jump from the rooftops, instead of running on the ground down below. It would gather kinetic energy, then as she jumped, it would release the built up power and boost her jump, ensuring she reached the other side easily.

As Mina was busy jumping, she was careful to keep an eye on the ground, looking out for any signs of trouble. She had taken it upon herself to help Peter out with his daily patrols, as well as go on her own solo adventures.

The two heroes sometimes met up, helping each other watch over the city at the same time. Then, other times, they would just pass by one another, giving a nod or a simple wave of acknowledgement.

And the whole time, Mina managed to keep her identity a secret.

Now that she was able to speak to him, it made everything much easier. Tony had installed a voice changer, that disguised her voice and made it impossible for anyone to recognize her own voice.

Simply put, it was nice. And useful.

It helped communicate with everyday people and came in handy, now that Spider-Man and Kitsune were becoming fond old buddies.

The only thing Mina would change was the tracker. To ensure she, Mina, honored their deal, Tony had installed a tracking device in her suit to monitor her activities.

If she got too close to a place Carnage had been or was in, Tony would take the suit back and her Stark Internship would come to an abrupt end.

Mina was still allowed to help everyday people, like if they were getting mugged or someone had pickpocketed and she was around to see it. Simple things like that. Petty crimes.

She liked helping the people, sure, and it was always great when they thanked her for her efforts but if she was being truthful, it sucked too. Mina wanted to go after Carnage, not stupid little idiots like gang bangers.

The whole reason she got started was because of that crimson psychopath. She wanted to avenge Matt's death, not put it in the backseat and ignore it.

It infuriated her that she wasn't able to do the one thing she wanted to. Helping others was nice, but it wasn't beating that bitch Carnage into the ground and seeing just a red splotch level of nice.

And that's all Mina wanted really. Was that too much to ask for?

Mina jumped back to the real world as she remembered her duties for the day. She wasn't supposed to be goofing around and thinking about how her life sucked; she was supposed to be helping people.