Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Betty x Reader)

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! I hope you all had a wonderful day with your loved ones!! This is my little Christmas present to you all, enjoy!

It was cold.

No, it wasn't just cold, it was bloody freezing. 

And you didn't have a coat. Or a scarf. Or anything that would help shield you from the bitter, bitter cold that enveloped Riverdale in the form of delicate snowflakes.

"Ah shit." you swore, wrapping your arms around yourself as you walked home. 

"Shoulda just got the lift from your brother, but nooooooooooo, you had to act all tough. God you absolute moron (Y/N)!" you berated yourself angrily.

"Excuse me, but do you need a coat?" an angelic voice called out from behind you. You turned around an came face to face with a girl. Dressed in a fluffy white coat and black pants, her ears covered by the sweetest light pink earmuffs. Her shining, blonde hair was pulled back into sleek ponytail. Her cheeks were red from the wind and her brilliant green eyes sparkled with concern.

"Um yeah, I kinda forgot mine at home. I'm not from around here, and I didn't think it would be this cold. I was out at a restaurant with my family, and I was gonna ride back to my aunt's with my brother, but I thought I'd see the city. And prove to him I'm not a weakling. But I forgot my coat at my aunt's and now I'm rambling but I'm staring at a very beautiful girl so who can blame me." You clasped a hand over your mouth as the mystery girl laughed shyly and blushed. She handed you a jacket that you didn't realise she had been holding. It was pink, and smelled of vanilla.

"I'm Betty Cooper." she said. She held out her hand.

You tilted your head and nodded, taking her hand to shake it. "(Y/N) (Y/L/N)."

"Who's your aunt?" 

"Uh, you probably wouldn't know her. Sierra McCoy? My cousin's Josie."

"Oh really? Josie and I are really close!" she said. "Maybe, we can all, go out sometime." You nod excitedly. 

"Yeah that would b-"

"Or it could just be the two of us."  she interrupted quickly, her cheeks flushed, but not just because of the cold. Your eyes bulged out of your head, and your heart began to race. You were silent for a few minutes, too shocked to speak, and Betty's face began to sadden. You quickly responded.

"Y-Yeah, I would, um. " you cleared your throat.  "I would love that." Both your face and Betty's face were crimson red, but your grins were identical. You both stayed in the moment, before your phone buzzed with a text from your brother.

"Dammit! I better get going. Thanks for the coat." You said.

"Do you know your way there?"

"Yeah, it's all good. Um, do you want your coat back?" You said beginning to take it off.

"No, keep it for now, I'm sure I'll see you again." she said with a wink, before turning back towards her house.

You chuckled to yourself before beginning to walk away. You were halfway down the street when you heard a yell. 

"(Y/N)! Merry Christmas!!" she yelled. Your grin was brighter than the moon.

"Have yourself a Merry little Christmas Betty Cooper!" you yelled back, before walking away, the snow falling softly around you.