∞ Chapter 1 ∞

Bri's POV

It's my first day in New York, I had been living in California. My mom got a promotion and it required us to move to the East Coast. We left the airport and pulled up to our brand new house with a Range Rover parked in the driveway. I looked over at my mom with wide eyes. "It's yours" she said as she passed me the keys. I hugged her then ran to check out my new car. "You mind helping me bring our bags in" she said with her hands full of luggage. We got situated into our new, huge house. Most of our furniture and stuff was already here so all that was left was to put away my clothes and make this place feel like home.

Back in California I had my whole life, all my friends and family. I never knew anything outside of the Bay Area. I knew how important my mom took her job and how much it meant to her to have my support. When she told me we were moving I was devastated. Somehow I was able to accept it without having a mental breakdown. I thought off all my friends that i wouldn't see for a while and would probably lose contact with by the end of the year. My mom broke my thoughts by calling me downstairs. "The next door neighbors were so kind enough to leave us a welcoming gift at the front door. I want to go over to introduce ourselves and thank them." I knew she wanted me to go with her. "Ok mom have fun" i said as I quickly started walking back upstairs. "Oh come on, please, it will only be real quick" i knew I was going to get pulled into this. "Sure mom, I guess. I'm gonna go put my shoes on."

As we stood in front of the neighbors door I thought about what kind of life I would have here. I knew nobody and had no friends. The door suddenly swung open. "Hello you must be the new neighbors" the woman spoke, "please come in." I completely zoned out on everything that was happening for a solid 10 minutes, I only got little bits and pieces of what they were saying. I heard that she had a younger son and another son who was around my age. "My son, Hudson, can be a handful sometimes. It's really nice to just be able to relax." I noticed how quiet the house was "Where are your boys" my mom spoke. "Oh, my older son took Hudson to the park for a while." The lady also said how she worked long hours and often had no one to watch Hudson. Her older son, Ivan I think, is also really busy with basketball and stuff.
"You know Bri used to babysit back home in California. So you know if you never need any help, just give us a call" Well thanks mom.
"Yeah of course, I'd love to help you out, little kids are always an interesting experience." I said
"Wow you don't know how much that means to me. It's so great to have you guys in the neighborhood. Tomorrow actually, I have to leave for work at 2 and my older son Ivan said he was going to go practice. Are you available?"
My mom made eye contact with me as she said "she's absolutely available tomorrow at 2!"

Well this should be interesting.

Authors Note:
I hope you enjoy the story!