Part Eighteen: Opponent

Taehyung was carefully eyeing me while I bite my nails out of restlessness. It made me feel guilty that I called Jimin an asshole.

Technically he was being an asshole but he's right. So he's a right asshole on that account.

He was never like me. He always put other's feelings into account. Whatever he did, I'm pretty sure has an explanation.

I stood up not being able to contain my guilt. I need to say sorry to him. I need to be there for him after J bitch slapped his face.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung held my arm before I could walk away.

"I'll just be out in a few minutes." I said.

"Classes are about to start." He said but I squirm away from his grip.

"I'll be back soon."

As I walked through the corridor, I heard a commotion. Some laughter and a few shouts that were inaudible. Immediately, my heart raced thinking somebody might be making fun of Jimin.

Not that I can help this time but I need to make things right. I need to be there for him.

But as the laughter died down, the scene that welcomed me was different from what I expected.

There they were, Nayeon and Jimin. He's talking while Nayeon is crying.

It took me awhile to respond, but maybe Nayeon was guilt tripping Jimin like she did with Jeongyeon when we were together. I was about to call Jimin when suddenly—

He kissed her.

I stopped on my tracks and hid along the columns. I didn't exactly know why I was hiding but it made me nervous.

Because that kiss. It was the same. The same manner as he did with me in the park. For the first time in my life, I felt my heart cletch at the scene.

I held my breathe, the reason behind it was unclear but I still did. It was as if air didn't get into my lungs, I wouldn't see Jimin holding Nayeon. They wouldn't touch each other.

I closed my eyes and leaned on the wall. Hoping that I would hear a slap and when I didn't I peak back.

Nayeon was closing her eyes, inviting Jimin again for a kiss, I wanted to shout and stop Jimin from slowly reaching for her face, I wanted to stop what's happening.

When he hugged her, a part of me broke. Even if they walked away, I stood there frozen unable to move.

It was a mixture of anger and pain that overwhelms me. I wanted to pull her perfect hair away from her head. I wanted to scratch those pearly white skin but for why?

Jimin must've liked her. How could he not?

— but for some reason I can't explain I don't want them together.