Chapter 1

Well, we finally made it. Sorry for such a long wait. I've had some problems come up that have gotten in the way of my writing, but I don't want to leave my stuff just sitting, so I'm going to move ahead. I'm not going to promise a lot, just that I'll update when I can. I've got some chapters ready to go, and hopefully the rest will come. I'm also going to publish a side collection of one-shots, if you want to keep an eye out for that. Just pure family love, ridiculously sweet fluff and some angst. Anyway, if you guys have any feedback, I'd really appreciate it. It helps keep me motivated. :)

Bumi was pacing the halls outside their room muttering to himself when Anna showed up. "You okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm great."

She tilted her head. "Really?"

He sighed. "I don't know. I don't know about any of this." He chuckled dryly and shook his head. "When I woke up this morning, I was not expecting to receive news that I'm gonna be a dad."

Anna went to stand beside him. "Aren't you excited at all?"

A real smile. "Of course I am. I just...I don't know. I wasn't expecting it."

"You're the one who put her in this position."

"I know! And I'm happy, I really am! I'm just worried about her."

She nodded. "Right. Elsa."

"We talked about it a little bit before this, and she never really seemed...comfortable with the idea. Like she knew it had to happen, but she wasn't thrilled. At one point she hinted that she might want a baby, but I dunno."

"Yeah, that's what I got from it. But I think she'll come around."

"You think so?"

"I do. Right after the Thaw, she was terrified of being around kids. She was so worried that she would hurt them, because of what happened to me. Eventually she got used to it, and you've seen how she is with them. They absolutely adore her."

He nodded. "Yeah. We both know she'll be a great mother. If only we could get her to see that."

xxx

Elsa heard a soft knock on the door and knew it was Anna. "Come in."

Anna slipped in and went to sit beside her on the bed, putting a hand on her shoulder. "How are you?"

"I don't know," she whispered. She looked up at her helplessly. She didn't have to say anything, Anna just knew. She sat beside her and rubbed her shoulder. She watched Elsa's hand hesitate before it settled on her stomach and she gripped the fabric, frost crawling across. She gently pried her hand away and rested her hand in its place. For a moment, Anna focused on that, the little tiny human that was right under her fingertips. Tiny, but alive. Her little niece or nephew. It was enough to almost bring tears to her eyes.

Elsa watched her sister, how she focused so intently on her hand. Her hand was warm, even through the dress. Part of her flinched when she did it, she felt really self-conscious right now, but she left it, let her sister have her moment.

'She's more excited about this baby than I am.' Guilty tears filled her eyes and leaked out. Only when her breath hitched did Anna look at her.

"Oh, Elsa." She laid down and hugged her. "It's okay."

Elsa just shook her head. "I can't, I...I'm not fit to raise a child."

"Yes, you are. You handled me, and that says a lot."

"I nearly killed you!"

Anna cringed; not the best example. "But we were kids! And you have much more control now."