Chapter 2

It took longer than I hoped to get around to publishing the next chapter, but here we are. I'm still going to push forward.

The day of Anna's wedding had arrived. It was becoming increasingly difficult to hide her growing bump, but Elsa refused to announce anything until after the wedding. Anna insisted it was okay, but she didn't give in. "No, Anna. It's your day. I'm not taking away from that."

She had to get creative with her Maid of Honor dress and prayed that everyone was so focused on Anna they wouldn't notice her.

Naturally, Anna asked her to walk her down the aisle and had asked Kya and Rapunzel to be her bridesmaids. Sven was officially Kristoff's Best Man, but since he wasn't allowed inside the church, Bumi took on the role, even though he was a groomsman. Olaf took on the role of ring bearer, like he had for Elsa's wedding.

Anna's wedding wasn't quite as big as Elsa's since she wasn't the reigning monarch, but she was still really nervous. Elsa was forced to stay with her the whole time to keep her calm (not that she was complaining). She tried to keep her still while her hair was done. "Anna, please. Try to calm down. Everything will be fine."

"But what if it's not?! What if something goes wrong? What if-" Elsa put her hand over her mouth.

"Leave the worrying to me. Believe me, I've done enough for both of us. Everything will be fine."

Anna ducked her head, biting her lip. "Elsa?"

"Yes?"

"What if...what if he doesn't really love me? What if he's like Hans?"

Elsa frowned and moved around in front of her and placed her hands on her shoulders. "Honey, you know that's not true. Kristoff's a good man. I wouldn't have let you marry him if I thought otherwise."

"What if he tries to take me away from you?!"

Elsa wiped a tear that ran down her cheek. "I think our men know better than to try and separate us."

Anna looked at her pleadingly. "Promise you won't leave?"

"Never. Never again. Now listen to me. We're a family. You, me, Kristoff, Bumi, and Olaf and Sven-"

"And your baby."

A small smile. "Yes. And the baby. We're all in this together. And we all want the same thing for you: for you to be happy. Does this make you happy?"

Anna nodded. "Yeah."

"Then we'll all support you." She started when she felt a kick. She took Anna's hand and guided it to her stomach. "And I believe your niece or nephew agrees with me."

Anna giggled tearfully as she felt the soft nudge. "I'm being silly, aren't I?"

Elsa shook her head and wiped the remaining tears away. "No. You're taking a big step. But I'll be here every step of the way."

Anna fell into her embrace, finally feeling at peace. Nervous, of course, but at peace. The sisters were pulled out of their moment when Gerda poked her head in. "Are you girls ready?"

At her sister's smile, Anna nodded. "Yeah. We're coming."

After checking her dress and hair one more time (and Elsa adding extra bits at Anna's request), they headed towards the door. But before they went out, Anna gripped her arm. "Elsa?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you. For everything." At the sight of her sister's tears, she felt her own tears well up in her eyes. She turned and faced Anna, stroked her cheeked and pressed a lingering kiss on her forehead before taking her into her embrace.