Chapter Seven - Heels, Heights, and Hook Ups

When we pulled up in the car, I could immediately tell this party was going to be a winner.

We walked into the house and the music was pumping, getting me into a high that I never wanted to leave. I swayed my body to the beat as we traveled around the house, my arm subconciously wrapped tightly around Carter's. Tiffany took off, my guess was to go look for Johnny.

"You drink, right?" I yelled to Carter over the music. He gave me a look like I was crazy. "Haha good, get us some drinks, will you?"

He went in the direction of the kitchen and I waited for him by the door. I looked around, taking in my surroundings and liking what I saw. Everyone knew I was here, which was a good thing, because then it would be known I wouldn't take a breakup too seriously. I spotted Paul across the room, but diverted my eyes, afraid to make eye contact.

"Why are you with Carter Newman?" A group of girls came up next to me, it was the girl in the middle who had asked. She was short and had dark black hair.

"Who are you?" I ask the girl.

"Candice. And I suggest you keep your hands off. He's mine." the girl said, crossing her arms across her chest.

Was this girl serious? I leaned towards her so I didn't have to yell over the music.

"Yeah? Well I suggest you take your little threat and either throw it at someone who doesn't have the power to  take you down, or shove it up your ass. Carter isn't anybody's, and he sure isn't yours." I spat at her. Carter came back wth my drink and gave the girl a strange look and she flounced away, throwing me one more dirty look. But I just waved.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Some girl. I'm not sure." I say, shrugging my shoulders and taking a big gulp of my drink. The alcohol stung my throat, but I really wanted to get this night started. I was standing so close to Carter I could smell just how delicious he was.

"Do you want to dance?" Carter motioned to what seemed to be the living room, packed with people.

"I thought you would never ask." I took his hand and led him to the room. Every guy I passed, whether they were with a girl or not, checked me out, and every girl threw me a dirty look when they saw I was with Carter.

We both finished off our drinks and I could feel the buzz rushing through me already. I went to the center and started dancing, completely unaware of who I was next to. 

"If it's possible, you get even hotter after a drink." I hear a growl in my ear and I smiled to myself as Carter's hands snaked around to the front of my body, landing on my hips. I press my back against his chest and place my hands over his. He leaned down and placed kisses along my neck and I reached back and wrapped one of my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

We moved to the beat of the music and I felt as if it was only the two of us in the room. I could feel the tension between us, the desire growing inside of both of us. 

I turned around to face him, his hands never leaving my waist and he again pulled my body towards him, grinding against my hips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held his face close to mine, holding his eye contact.

I pulled my lower lip into my mouth, something I always did out of habit and saw him lick his lips. My breathing became heavier as he leaned down and hesitated slowly, his lips resting just above mine. I could feel his warm breath hitting my lips, sending tingles up my spine.

Butterflies soared in my stomach as he pressed his lips against mine, it was the moment I had been hoping for. The kisses started out soft, testing the waters, but then they increased, powered by desire.