Chapter 31 - Voicenote

I lay in bed watching raindrops roll down the 5 star hotel window. I wonder briefly if those are 5 star windows, exposed by 5 star parted lush curtains. If those are 5 star raindrops just for touching the hotel. I wonder briefly if just by being with Chanel, if I now become a better man. 5 star by association. She makes me better, even with all the bullshit she's pulled. She makes me better and when I'm around her, I'm genuinely happy. I feel free, I feel like a protector, like someone needs me. I feel loved and cared for like a child when she holds my head to her chest and kisses my cheeks, forehead and nose. I close my eyes and breathe deeply imaging it now. She weakens me. I imagine holding her, how her body fits so perfectly in my embrace. Kind of like she was made for me, pulled from rib like Eve. I begin thinking so deep that I don't realize I'm asleep until my phone begins to ring.

I check the number to see Flex's name displayed. I let it ring out.

My eyes watch another single raindrop make its way down the window, only to get consumed by a bigger raindrop on the move. It swallows it and smashes into the bottom of the window dispersing.

My phone rings again.

I watch Flex's name in bold white letters on the display. I didn't feel like right now was the proper time to have the conversation. And he probably spoke to Chanel. He's probably just calling to let me know he takes her side. I wait for the call to end the turn my phone on Airplane mode.

I reach for my laptop and open it up, ready to open a studio session and set up the mic when my mac laptop begins ringing. I forgot that calls can go through here. But this time it isn't Flex, this time it's a Facetime from Coca.

I click "Accept" and her face pops up on my screen. She's in a bedroom it seems, with pink and white pillows, her hair tied back into a pony tail, a blue tank top hiding her assets properly this time.

"What the actual f-" I begin.

"I'm so sorry, Prod." She apologizes quickly. Her hand goes to her head in stress.

"You're sorry?" I scoff. I laugh under my breath.

"This is the most attention I've ever gotten. My music streams have gone up, people are calling to interview me and Yeena. We're getting booked for more shows. Everything has gone off the charts just because of this scandal." Her voice soft and pleading.

I stare at her wide eyed and in disbelief. My jaw clenches. And I look to the side of the bed, needing to take my eyes off her. I spot my phone and a thought pops into my head. I reach for it casually, use my fingerprint to unlock it and hit record on the voicenotes. I place the phone back on the bed, out of her sight.

"So you're telling me that you're lying and using myself and my relationship for your personal gain. I'm in a fucking hotel Coca. My girl is heartbroken. You knew she was there when I called you, why did you do that to her?" My voice is soft because I'm really trying to understand how someone who seemed so genuine could play me like this. But at the same time, I'm making sure I get everything needed to clear my name into the recording.

"I know. I know. And I feel fucking terrible that's why I called. I wanted to apologize." She looks pleading.

"Save that shit man." I say sternly. "Tell the tabloids it was all false, if you really want to make things right, then do that."

"I'm sorry, I can't do that." She sighs and looks away from the camera. When she looks up there are tears in her eyes. "I'm looking at a lot of incoming money from this and as you know I really need it."