Honesty

Chapter 4- 'Why didn't you tell me?'

The next day I woke up and I got dressed into my ted baker black dress that has a cute white collar on it, I straightened my hair as I usually do. "Hey sweetie!" My mom says at the door "Hey mom" I answer "Betty phoned me yesterday" she pauses to see my reaction. Oh great. "Oh..did she? What about?" I react calmly and casually so my mother doesn't get a reaction "she said that she tried to call you but your phone must of been on silent, anyways she told me to tell you to meet her at the student lounge later on at school." She says handing me a plate of French toast "Great! Thanks mom" I reply grabbing a piece of the buttery French toast "Alright, don't be late for school, I'll see you later!" She adds.

At school I put everything into my locker then I went to see Betty.
"Hey B!" I say tucking my hair behind my ears "Hey V!" She says with a massive smile on her face. "I see your mom told you" she laughs "yeah, sorry my phone was dead" I answer sitting down "So why did you want to meet here?" I kindly ask tapping my shoe against the carpet "Just a meet up I guess" she says.. After half and hour of chatting, my stomach felt weird. I felt guilty, I had to tell Betty about mine and Jugheads smooch. "Hey uhm..Betty?" I say nervously "Yeah?" She answers back "You know yesterday..You said before you came into the hot tub, you kissed Archie inside?" I say hinting at her what's about to come out of my mouth "Yeah..Why?" She asks "well uh..before you came in..me and Jughead kissed.." I say awkwardly looking down hoping that she wouldn't yell. "V, why didn't you tell me?" "I felt ashamed at myself that I let you down, I was afraid of losing you..I'm so sorry" I say holding my face in my hands "It's alright V, I'm not mad! Even if I was it wouldn't be fair because I kissed Archie too" she says in the most understanding way "so we're okay??" I add "of course!" She says giving me a big bear hug "I could never hate my best friend" she says "Thank you Betty" I say hugging her with relief. "And Betty..you know how I mentioned I loved someone?" I add on to my guilty honesty "Yeah??" She says "It's Jughead." I sigh "oh. Well he's really dumb not to feel the same way." She says rubbing my back. "I'm so lucky to have you as my best friend B" I say and I hug her. As I'm hugging betty, Jughead comes in and ask me if I can talk to him outside.
"What do you want Jughead?" I ask annoyed "I needed to talk to you about yesterday" he answers "Look Jughead, yesterday was yesterday! Get over it." I sigh "Veronica..Why are you mad at me?" He asks "why am I mad? You tried to use me to get Betty jealous!" I say tapping my shoe on the floor "I never-" before I could let him finish I interrupted him "just tell me the truth! Do you actually feel the same way?" I sigh looking down at my shoes. He doesn't answer, then a frosty silence breaks out. "Thanks, thanks a lot Jughead" I sigh as I go back in the student lounge "No..Veronica wait" he sighs and I just ignore him. "Are you alright ?" Betty asks me "yeah just Jughead being..Jughead" I sigh "Hey girlies!" Cheryl says "Awh what's wrong Veronica? Couples only vacation got you into a pickle?" Cheryl says sassily "Yeah actually" I answer "I could help you.." Cheryl says "Really?" I look up all happily "But it's couples only help" she says as her new girlfriend Toni comes and stands by her side "Laters!" Cheryl says as she sashays away with Toni. "I deserved that" I say face palming myself  "just ignore Cheryl. Veronica, I promise you'll get your happy ending with Jughead"
Betty says sipping her ice tea "I don't know B, him and I..We don't work" I look down "just believe" Betty adds.

I love Jughead. And we will have our happy ending..Hopfully.