Chapter 22

Jimin POV

Groaning softly, I slowly lull my head from side to side against the pillow as I begin to regain consciousness. I can feel the aching in my head before I even open my eyes, an uncomfortable bed underneath me.

"Jiminie?" I hear a familiar voice say, the volume soft but worry clear in their voice. Huffing quietly, I force my eyes open a few times before my vision finally adjusts. It takes a lot more energy than what I've got, but I desperately want to see the face that belongs to the voice. Weakly lulling my head off to one side once more, I can feel my lips tugging upwards in a smile.

"Jungkookie." I manage to breathe out despite my extremely painful sore and dry throat. He looks down at me with wide, red and puffy eyes, lips lightly parted. His cheeks are tinted pink, nose a bright red as he's sat beside what I know to be a hospital bed, a small unbelievable smile on pulled weakly only his lips.

"Oh my god, Jiminie. Thank goodness you're okay. God, I thought you'd never wake up." Jungkook whimpers out as he pulls me into a tight hug. I suppress a groan of pain at it, my entire body seeming to ache at the moment, just appreciating having Jungkook here instead. He softly begins crying, causing me in turn to do the same. Both of us whimpering softly as we cling onto each other, I couldn't be happier to have someone in my arms than I am now with him.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkookie. I'm sorry for scaring you, baby." I whisper softly, holding him as tightly as I can whilst still being able to bear the pain in my body.

"Goddamn it, Jiminie. You scared the shit out of me. It's okay, baby. It's okay. I'm just glad you're okay." Jungkookie whimpers.

It takes another few minutes before we finally pull apart. He looks down at me with a small smile, leaning down and pressing his lips against mine in a gentle kiss. Smiling into it, the kiss is short but exactly what we both need. Humming softly in contentment, we both finally pull away as he looks down at me with a certain fondness in his eyes, gently brushing a few of my light brown locks out of my face.

"Are you feeling better, baby?" Jungkook whispers softly as he looks down at me. Sighing softly, I nod my head. He smiles, reaching over to the counter I hadn't noticed beside me before handing me a water bottle. Giving him a grateful smile, I take the bottle and down almost half of it before finally handing it back to him.

"Can you please tell me what happened, Jiminie? The doctors never told me what happened, I didn't bother asking them. But Tae wouldn't tell, he told me to ask you if I wanted to know. You don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable though, baby." Jungkook asks softly. Biting my lip softly, I heave a quiet sigh.

"I'm sorry for worrying you, Jungkookie. I... I told you about my past. It's nothing too serious but... It was just my PTSD acting up, honestly. It was a lot to handle with your mother there, knowing what she's put you through and watching her smack you like that. It just caused it to act up again. It was a lot worse than usual, is all. That's only happened a few times." I explain softly. He gives me a sympathetic smile, nodding his head as he runs his fingers through my hair gently. I hum quietly, eyes fluttering shut with a lazy smile tugging gently onto my lips in appreciation of his touch and the affection.

"Hmm. You want me to go talk to the doctor? See if we can get you out of here so that we can go home, baby?" Jungkook asks softly, continuing to run his fingers through my hair and occasionally tugging lightly. Continuing to hum softly in approval, it takes mild strength to open my eyes back up to look up at him. He's got a soft smile on his lips, looking down at me with great fondness as he awaits my answer.

"Yeah... yeah, that'd be nice, baby." I breathe out quietly, watching the smile on his face increasing. He chuckles softly, nodding his head and leaning down to peck my lips before standing up. With that, he walks away, soon disappearing out of my sight and out of the room. Sighing softly to myself with a small frown now that he's gone, I force myself to relax a bit. I wasn't lying earlier when I said I'm feeling better now than I was before. The only issue now is that my body is aching.

It takes a few minutes, but eventually Jungkook reappears with a doctor following behind him. He gives me a grin as he takes his seat next to me.

"The doctor just wants to check everything and make sure you're okay. After he's done, we can get you home, baby. Sound good?"