Prologue

*Click* I think that's the one. I look around the park and see a handful of people still hanging around. I walk over and take a seat on an empty park bench. I glance around the park again, this time just taking it in not through a camera lens. The park itself was finally getting over the winter season, quickly. The air still had its slight chill in it, but the plants were showing green again while the flowers began to grow, making the park have a calming look to it. I look at my camera that is sitting on my lap, the click the gallery button to look over my pictures from today.

"You're very talented." A voice says from behind me. I jump slightly in my seat then turn around. Behind me stood a tall man in a suit with brown chestnut hair and matching eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry, you take wonderful photos. I didn't mean to startle you." The man apologies.

"Oh! It's okay, thank you, umm..." I smile as I started my reply fading out towards the end realizing that we didn't exchange names.

"Elijah." He states offering his hand out for a hand shake

"Clara." I reply, placing my hand in his, but he brings my hand to his lips, kissing my knuckles lightly, instead of a handshake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Clara." He says to me while releasing my hand.

I smile, "Pleasure to meet you as well Elijah." I reply.

"Would you mind if I browsed through your photos?" Elijah asks me.

'Not at all. Come, take a seat and I can show them to you." I reply. He gives me a small smile and walks around then takes a seat next to me.

I began to show him my photos on my camera. We are so lost in conversation, we had barely notice that the sun had set.

"Oh, wow. It got dark fast. Maybe we can finish this some other time?" I tell Elijah after realizing the time.

"Yes, of course. Would you mind if I walk you home? I wouldn't want a beautiful woman to walk home alone." Elijah asks and offer me, with an eyebrow raise.

"Uh, sure. Thank you." I reply as I gather my stuff.

"It's no problem Clara." Elijah tells me as we both stand from the bench.

We begin our trek out of the park and on to my apartment. As we arrive to my door, we decided to exchange information to keep in touch.

~~~ 3 weeks later~~~~~

Elijah and I had met up many times since we've meet at the park. I just finished my classes for the day and headed to a coffee shop Elijah and I normally meet at. As I arrive, I see Elijah waiting for me at a table with 2 drinks on it.

"Hello Elijah. Thank you for the coffee." I say to him as I take my seat across from him with a smile.

"It's no problem, at all. How were your classes today?" Elijah asks.

"Same as normal, long and interesting, But I was told that I was the furthest a head in my nursing classes that I could do the rest of the classes online now." I ramble slightly to Elijah.

Elijah smiles, "That sounds amazing for you. You can start your traveling for your Photography like you've wanted to." Elijah compliments me.

My smile widens, "Yup. I'll hopefully be doing that soon. How is your day going?" I ask, taking a sip from my coffee.

Elijah's smile fades a bit, "Well I got, news from, work. I will be away, I do not know how long it will take." He informs me looking away from me a couple times.

"Oh! Well, when do you have to go?" I ask, Elijah never really talks about work all to, much, I never pry to much about Elijah's personal affairs considering it really is none of my business.

"This evening. However, I already packed, would you like to spend the rest of the day with me?" Elijah states, looking at me again.

A small smile grows on my face. "Of course. What do you have in mind?" I ask, curiosity filling me.

"Whatever you'd like to do." Elijah tells me. I think about what we could do today. Then an idea hits me.

"Elijah would you allow me to take pictures of you? It wouldn't be used for a class, just as a reminder of you until we meet again." I ask, a small pinch of nerves in my stomach.

Elijah looked as if he was in thought, "I don't see the harm of having you take my picture." Elijah tells me.

I smile widely, "Awesome! I know exactly were we can do it." I tell him with excitement. We stay and finish our drinks before heading out to my desired location. I smile when I see the park in my view. Excitement filling me. We walk into the park. "This is where I want to take your photos." I tell him gesturing to the park around us.

Elijah chuckles lightly. "This is a beautiful park." He states as he glances around.

"It's also the place were we first met, and then became friends." I tell him, while taking my camera out from my bag. He smiles at me and we begin the photo shoot.

As we finish the photo shoot we were walking back to my apartment. "Today was fun." I comment as we were walking.

"Indeed, it was. We should do this again when I return." Elijah says as we arrive at my building.

"I give Elijah a sad smile, "I'm going to miss you Elijah." I tell him as we walked towards my door.

He gives me a sad smile as well, "I'm going to miss you as well. Don't fret, we will see each other again." Elijah says to me in his proper tone.

I hug him, truly sad that he's going to leave. Elijah takes a second before he returns the hug. We stay like that this for a second. I feel Elijah kiss my forehead, then we separate from the hug.

"Can you promise me one thing Clara?" Elijah states, looking at me in the eyes.

"Anything." I respond becoming serious by seeing the look in his eyes.

"Stay safe." Elijah says in away serious tone. I nod in response.

"Yeah, I promise." I tell him.

"Well, I should go, I'll see you soon." Elijah says with a sigh.

"Yeah, of course. I'll see you soon Elijah, Stay safe." I tell him, giving him a small smile.

He returns it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1087 words wow, Okay.

Hello and welcome to my new story!!!

I hope I did Elijah justice with how i wrote him.

Let me know your thoughts so far!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots Of Luv ~ Snowflake