√How It All Started√

It all started in the year 2003, July 21st at exactly 3:40 something AM. I was born, I had a beautiful blue left eye, but my right eye was...gold.I was....different.It was...hell...knowing that I was different...on the other hand, my family thought I was an angel...I was given the name Kate Greenwood. After 6 days my mother took me home to my 9-year-old brother, eager to see me, he wasn't disappointed by my eye, he soon became protective over me. I love him...

×Pre School×
I was now 4, my mother sent me to Rainbow Pre School, we mainly did activities, like sprinkling glitter all over the sheet we had applied glue to, but then during playtime...a girl walked up to me. She then asked what was wrong with my eye.
"Hey, Kate!"
"Yes, Lindsey?"
"What's up with your eyes?"
She made me stop in the mid building of my tower, I looked at her and shrugged. She just walked off after. That was the worse day in Pre-School I ever had... I told my mother right after, she contacted Lindsey's mother. I felt horrible for Lindsey.

{Kindergarten}
It was my first day of Kindergarten, I had a few great friends. They all really liked me, well use to...but anyway...we were talking then my friend, Sarah Willaim, asked if I put contacts in. I shrugged, she eased me into telling her I was born that way, she replied to that in a disgusted manner.
"Hey, Kate do you like, put in contacts every day? I mean why are your eyes so weird?"
"No reason really."
"C'mon! Just tell us."
"No seriously...no reason..."
"Pleaseeeeee?"
"Fine...I was born this way."
"Oh. That's really gross, is there a medical procedure to fix it?"
"Sarah!" A new voice snapped, which belonged to my other friend, Ally Woods.
"God, sorry."
I was silent for rest of the day, I didn't tell my mom. I didn't want to. I felt like...Sarah would hate me. So I just...never brought it up...

•Third Grade•
{You may be thinking, why did you skip second and first?! It would've been the exact same as Kindergarten}I was talking to my friends at lunch, they were laughing and talking, but then Elizabeth Raab looked at my eyes and raised an eyebrow. She then asked a horrible question.
"Hey Kate, I have a few questions."
"Yeah?"
"What's wrong with you and your eyes, I mean they look SO ugly!"
"I was erm...born this way" I shrugged.
"Ewwww!I'm gonna go sit with Stacey and Aaron!"
Just like that...she was gone...she never talked to me again.

¥4th Grade¥
I was sitting side by side with my best friend, Alex Jones, she was my best friend...but she...committed suicide in 5th grade from the abuse she got at home and how she was harassed for being my friend. She talked to me quite a lot...but...anyway...we were talking about fun games and stuff...but then Stacey walked up and laughed at us.
"You really think THAT game is COOL?! You guys have NO taste!"
"Stacey! Get out of here!"
"Alex, oh poor little Alex~"
"What the hell do you want?!"
"You would have so many more friends if you forget HER!"
Alex stopped dead.
"You'd be a better person if you left her alone..."
Stacey laughed.
"Was that meant to offend me?! You're so sad!"
"You and Aaron most likely have premature SE--"
I cut Alex off by saying"Alex, it's fine."
A couple months later I put an eye patch over my gold eye, just to hide what I really am.

•••5th Grade•••
This was my actual hell...Middle School wasn't half as bad...even though I had really no friends in Middle School...it was better than this...but...anyways.Alex and I were talking, trying to seem normal...I had a huge crush on a boy named Sean...god I was so stupid back then...Sean hated me...like most normal people...he avoided me in hallways, never talked to me, avoided my gaze...and the worse thing he did was...start dating Sarah William.  She's been mean to me ever since Kindergarten.

It was a few weeks later and I saw Alex slip to the supply closet during lunch. At first, I thought nothing of it...but when she didn't come back...I volunteered to find her...that was my worst mistake. As I walked towards the closet I hesitated to open the door, my hand hovered over the doorknob. Then I slowly creaked it open, my eyes went wide with horror.

My friend's dead body sprawled on the floor laying in a pool of blood, I stared at it. My face went pale, a knife in her hand covered in blood I called for a teacher, she called the police, I had just lost my best friend...

(That's all for the first part, took me a day or so. Middle School is gonna be a bit emotional so is High School, but her life isn't gonna be all this story is about.)