Chapter One

It was midnight, pitch black covered the city in a dark blanket as the young informant sat in front of his computer. The screen lit up the room brightly, illuminating Izaya's face. His eyelids drooped, exhausted as his arms rested themselves onto the desk. A soft yawn escaped from his parted lips as he typed. His fingers grew slower and slower with every letter. While the rest of the world was sleeping, he was working. Knowing he should sleep, Izaya shut the computer off and laid his head into his arms.

The informant closed his eyes for a moment, ignoring the small shuffling sounds he heard behind him. It was probably nothing, just the wind blowing in through the window and making small noises that sounded like footsteps, but really weren't. That was what he told himself, so he just went with it.

Although, he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. Usually he wouldn't act afraid of anything, but he was alone now. He didn't have to act tough or brave. So, he spun around in his chair and looked around the room. Every window in his apartment was shut, his front door locked. No one could get in. . Right?

Izaya stood up from his chair and walked toward door, where the light switch was. He knew it would be right there next to the door, and when he flipped it on, everything would be perfectly fine and safe. But he was wrong.

As soon as he got close to the door, he bumped into something. Confused, the informant reached out to see what it was. His fingers felt some type of fabric, possibly clothing. The small fingers ran down the fabric and suddenly froze, feeling the warm skin of a hand.

Before Izaya could jump away or even do anything, a sharp pain twinged in his head as it was hit with something. His eyes slowly closed and everything got darker as he fell to the ground, unconscious. .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry this was short, I ran out of time and I really wanted to upload this so I could start working on my SasuSaku fanfic again later. I'll upload another chapter soon. Hope you guys like it!