Chapter 1: Beginnings

Harry nervously walked into Madam Malkin's robe shop. There was no one in there, except for a boy around Harry's age with fiery red hair. The boy glanced up, an indifferent look in his eyes. He was sitting, seemingly waiting for someone in the back. Harry sat beside the boy, avoiding eye contact.
"You could probably go to the back, you know." The boy spoke, a hint of anger edging into his tone. Harry glanced up at him curiously.
"I'm sorry?" Harry replied, surprised at the boy's apparent anger.
The boy scoffed. "You heard me. You can go to the back. My brother is back there getting fitted right now." He muttered under his breath. "Perfect Percy..."

Harry stood and walked to the back room. He didn't want to interfere with the boy and his anger at that moment. When he walked in, he saw a taller red haired boy, being fitted for a robe by a middle aged woman wearing magenta robes.
She glanced up at Harry. "Oh, hello, dear! Take a seat, I'll be right with you." Harry nodded before sitting on an armchair in the corner. He looked at the woman as she worked. Her brown hair had some silver strands in it and was pulled into a tight bun. She worked quickly, scissors moving up and snipping at the fabric. The boy who was getting fitted glanced over at Harry.
"You must've met my brother out there! How was that?" He smiled, before realizing he hadn't introduced himself yet. "I'm Percy Weasley, by the way. And you are?"
Harry blinked. "Oh, I'm Harry. Your brother didn't seem too happy..."
Percy rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry about him, I don't know what's gotten into him lately. He's become less like the Ron we all know and more cold and angry. The idiot need to step back and realize that he's overreacting."
Madam Malkin stepped back in that moment. "And you're done! Your mother already paid, so you're free to go, lad. Bye!" Percy nodded, and waved to Harry before leaving.

Madam Malkin turned to Harry. "It's your turn, lad. Step on up!" Harry gave her a small smile before stepping onto the small platform. Madam Malkin summoned some fabric and started working.

Fifteen minutes later, she stepped back, looking at her work. "I do believe you're done! All you have to do is pay, and you can go!" She stated cheerily. Harry smiled at her and pulled out his money pouch from his pocket.
Harry asked, "How much do I give you?"
She smiled and replied, "Two galleons, dear." Harry nodded and gave her his money, walking outside to where Hagrid was waiting with ice cream. The rest of the day continued, Harry got a wand at Olivander's, an owl as a gift from Hagrid which he named Hedwig, and school supplies. He went back to the Dursley's with a ticket and a promise that he would soon go to Hogwarts.

Soon enough, the time had come and he was at the station. Uncle Vernon all but threw him out of the car, speeding away as soon as Harry was out. Harry looked around in the crowd, seeing all the people rushing to get to their various trains. Harry rushed with them, along to platform nine. He looked to the next platform, but ti was just labelled Platform Ten. Where was Platform nine and three quarters? He saw a boy with platinum blond hair, around his age, and a tall man with long blond hair as well. With them was a woman with black hair. The man and woman were speaking to the boy, who looked mildly annoyed. "Mother, Father, will you hush? There's muggles about, I don't want to raise suspicion." The boy drawled. Harry's eyebrows raised. They were wizards,and they could probably tell him how to get to platform nine and three quarters! He made his way over to them.
"Hey, excuse me...Er, I couldn't help but notice that you're wizards... C-could you maybe tell me how to get to platform nine and three quarters?" He stuttered nervously. These people had a way of staring that made you feel ridiculous and small for even approaching them.
Suddenly, the boy laughed. "Oh my goodness. You don't even know? How? Didn't your parents tell you?"
Harry looked down. "Th...They died when I was young."
The boy looked surprised. "Oh, I'm so sorry... I'll help you get to the platform. You just have to run between platforms nine and ten. Run into the wall, and close your eyes tight. soon you'll be there. If you want, I can go first."
Harry smiled and nodded. "Yes, please!"
The boy's parents said goodbye to their son, and he beckoned Harry to come with him. He smugly walked to the barrier. He ran between platforms nine and ten and was gone. Harry screwed his eyes shut and ran towards the wall with his trolley. He ran, braced himself for impact, and... There was no impact.