Chapter 1

The sirens became louder as the ambulance approached. The man lay there his leg bleeding out, loosing consciousness as he tried to scream for them to hurry. However his blood loss was too great. His world began to blur as he felt himself loosing connection to his body. The infant screaming in pain. Her fragile body couldn't comprehend the pain.

     My lights were wailing and my dog was barking as we approached the scene with an ambulance trailing behind me. Like they had said the scene was awful. The paramedics rushed over to the man whom was bleeding out and was in a minute to minute condition. He wasn't going to make it, that was quite evident. My body jolted as a high pitched wail interrupted my evaluation of the scene. Noble, my K9 partner, to a sad excuse of a bush. He nudged a few branches away and gave a loud bark to signal me over. What lay before me was an infant who looked roughly a month old. "Jamie!", I barked "We got an infant over here!" One of the paramedics came rushing over. She was in her late twenties with a medium build, green eyes, and short brown hair. She was timid, one of the new recruits and fresh out of school. Her green eyes widened as she saw the small infant laying there. With a swift motion she picked up the infant and made her way over to one of the ambulances in a careful jog.

I watched from afar as the sirens faded. I dropped my gun on ground. The bastard deserves to die. He took her, that fucking bastard took the only good thing I had left in my life. I let out an almost ear deafening scream. I would get her back no matter what lay before me. It was dangerous for her to lay in the hands of strangers. I let out a soft chuckle, wherever she goes death shall most certainly almost follow.