arguments ~ adi

'I'm mad.' I let myself fall down on his couch. 'Why are you mad?' he asks me and sits down next to me. 'You don't care.' 'I'm asking you, am I not?' 'Rude. But I know that if I'd tell you, you would roll your eyes and be like "I don't even care", so I won't tell you.' He squints his eyes at me and is about to say something before I interrupt him. 'Shh. I'm going to take a nap. I need one.'

I throw my legs over his and grab a pillow. I lay down on the couch and feel him moving. 'Don't', I warn him and I feel him stop squirming. 'Thank you.' I close my eyes and move around a slight bit until I am comfortable.

I furrow my brows and open my eyes. Where am I? I look around me and see Adi sitting there, looking straight at me. The moment he realizes I'm awake his expression changes from captivated to pretending to be annoyed. Why would he do that?

'Goodmorning to you too, sleeping beauty.' 'I know I am, no need to remind me.' I sit up straighter and remove my legs from his. Then I stretch out. My shirt lifts up and shows my bellybutton. I should have put on a longer shirt.

I catch Adi staring again. 'What do you want?' I snap at him. 'What do you mean? And why are you being so sassy today? Dude, chill.' 'Last time I checked I wasn't a dude', I counter. 'Need me to check just to be sure?' A cheeky grin forms on his face. I hit his arm. 'Pervert.'

'Now that our gorgeous and happy princess has delighted us with her presence-' he starts and I roll my eyes. 'Who is us?' 'I count as two people, I am very significant', he says with dramatic arm gestures to prove his point. 'I give up, I'm heading ho- nevermind I'm not', I say.

'Too bad. Why aren't you headed home, Y/N?' he asks curiously. 'Because.' 'I'm not even starting an argument with you. You're such a toddler.' 'And you're not minding anyone's business but your own, oh wait', I say, pretending to just realize he is minding my business. Why does he have to be so stubborn?

Adi takes a deep breath. 'In all seriousness, why can't you go home?' I avoid his gaze and get off the couch. I head over to the kitchen to grab myself a glass of water, all while hearing Adi's footsteps following me.

As I'm about to open the fridge, a hand covers mine. 'Why, Y/N?' I look to the side and see Adi staring at me. 'It's nothing, Adi, let it be.' I attempt to open the fridge again but Adi makes sure it stays closed, flexing his muscle in the process. I must admit that looked good.

'Please don't be so stubborn, Y/N. Underneath all those layers of teasing, I really care about you.' I look him straight in the eye and he seems to realize what he just admitted. 'Well, I mean, I have to- no not have to, I- um- not that much, though', he stutters. 'That was not English. Can I please have my water now?' I tell him with a small smile. His cheeks are turning slightly red and it's adorable.

He takes his hand off mine and I finally fill my glass with water. I take a gulp and feel Adi's eyes on me the entire time. 'There really is no reason for you to creepily stare at me while I drink, Adi.'

'There is. Just tell me what's wrong', he says. I look him in the eye and see his pleading gaze. 'Nothing!' I look away and head over to the table, Adi hot on my trail. I turn around and see him just a few feet away from me. He's headed towards me rather fast and I slowly back away from him a bit.

He keeps coming closer to me and I keep walking backward until I feel the table behind me. I place my glass on it and cross my arms in an attempt to keep myself slightly at distance. He ignores it and only stops when he is literal inches away from me. Due to the height difference, he's got a few inches on me and is slightly towering over me.

'What do you want? Ever heard of personal space?' I say to him, mildly uncomfortable. 'What is wrong? You can pretend nothing is, but I know when something is bothering you', he says softly. Due to our proximity, his breath hits my face. Thank God he had just eaten a mint, I wouldn't have been too happy otherwise.

'So you decide to get all up in my face? Not the best strategy, Fishman.' 'Well, you are talking to me, aren't you? But please tell me what is up, I want to help.' I sigh and doubt telling him. They say telling people about your problems should help.

'My stepbrother was annoying again', I tell him but it's barely detectable. I look down, I know this subject isn't Adi's favorite. He's told me multiple times to just tell my dad. All of a sudden, I feel arms around me. What's he doing? We never hug, I know he always gets awkward when I try to.

Nevertheless, I rest my head on his shoulder and my arms around his waist loosely.

'Thanks, I needed that', I honestly tell him after he backs away a bit. 'You know you should just-' 'Yeah, yeah, I'm aware. I should tell my dad. We both know I won't and you know why.' He sighs.

'And did I just hear a thank you?' he asks with a stupid grin on his face. I hit his arm with a smile. 'Nah, it was a thanks, something completely different.' 'I don't see the difference between the two; both are expressing gratitude.' I hold up a finger and get ready to tell him off.

All of a sudden, he places his pointer finger on my lips. I widen my eyes in surprise. 'Sure, you're right.'