Chapter 6 Training

Tony follows me out of my room and places his hand on my right shoulder to stop me from leaving.

"Nikole. Get some sleep. I shouldn't say this, but Steve plans on taking on for a trial mission tomorrow." My jaw slacks, and I look at Tony in the eye.

"Seems as though he took your words from a few nights before to heart." Tony chuckles and parts my shoulder before leaving to go to his lab.

I shake my head to clear it and run to the elevator shortly after Tony leaves. Oh my god. I need to go train a bit.  I punch in the training room's code and ride within the elevator as it goes up three floors.

I walk into the floor, all but two pairs of lights are turned off. The sound of skin and another thing hitting fabric rings around the room, and I search with my eyes to find its source.

After a few seconds, I notice a well built figure in the corner, repeatedly hitting the bag with his fists. I don't make a sound as the rhythmic sound fills my ears. The light catches on something when his left arm pulls back, showing the distinct feature of Bucky.

"Bucky!" I call happily and he stood mid throw to see who had called his name. His arms stay raised as he sees me.

"Nikole, I didn't see you come in." I smile and walk over to him with a slight bounce in my step.

"What's got you so happy?" Bucky relaxes and rests his human hand on my left shoulder.

"Steve's going to take me on my first mission tomorrow." I giggle and bounce on my toes before becoming serious.

"Can we fight to make sure I got this?" I ask the super soldier.

"I... Nikole...." Bucky shakes his head.

"You won't hurt me. Please?" He doesn't respond but moves quickly to hook my legs from under me. I hop as he bends slightly. I connect with his chest. Bucky catches me. I shift in his arms, wrapping my legs around his neck. He grunts softly. I use my weight to pull him down. Bucky falls, landing on me. I grunt and flip us. My knee pins against his chest. I smirk.

"Gotcha!" I speak. Bucky graphs my legs and flips me over, slamming my back against the ground. The wind flies from within me. He pulls back quickly as I gasp.

" oh god. Nikole, did I hurt you? I didn't mean too. I'm so sorry. " I place a hand on his metal one, causing him to jump and state at them. I wait to speak until I can breath.

"Its alright. Good one. You didn't hurt me. Just got caught unaware." I give Bucky a small grin. His left hand shifts a bit, his fingers intertwining with mine. I stare at him in surprise. He gets a little color in his cheeks and pulls his hand back.

"Sorry." I shake my head

" Bucky, I like you as a friend. Don't be sorry. I should be. I dont... I'm not with you enough to develop... Emotions..... " He shakes his head and looks a bit sad.

"No. I knew it was a long shot. I'll find another." He speaks softly and I put my hand back on his metal one.

"Buck. I'm still your friend. I just... Like someone else." I advert my gaze from him at the last part. He chuckles softly.

"Loki?" I bite my lip.

" is it obvious? " I look at Bucky to see him nod.

"Shit." My voice comes out a bit sharp.

"Language." Bucky mimics Steve, forcing us both to crack up.

Once we stop, Bucky hands and offers his hand to help me. I smile softly and accept it. He pulls me up and into my feet. I swiftly turn around and kneel onto the ground, his hand in mine. I toss him over my shoulder and onto his back. I end the move and look at Bucky to see him flat on his back. His face shows surprise lights his gaze.

"Didn't expect that, did you?" I smile as he shakes his head.

" thought not, grandpa. " Bucky reaches a sitting position and ignores the nickname.

"You'll do great tomorrow." I smile wider at his compliment.

"Out of curiosity, what are your powers?" My face becomes serious in a split second.

"I can't tell you." I speak softly.

"The last person, other than Xavier, who knew... He was... " my voice chokes and I feel tears prick my vision. Bucky right hand finds my left.

"He was what, Nikole?" He speaks carefully , as if knowing he's treading on a sensitive topic.

"Killed." My voice cracks and comes out in a whisper. Bucky pulls me into a hug; I hug him back, feeling the difference of strength between his human and metal arm.

"It wasn't your fault." He speaks softly and a few tears escape before I harden my emotions. After a second, I teleport to my room. I can't do this. Not yet.

I look out my small window to see the sun setting, missing it for the first time in the six months I've been here and the two before I came. Missing it doesn't even cross my mind. God. Time flies. I grab my black shorts and emerald bra PJ's before walking into my bathroom. I lock the door upon shutting it.

"FRIDAY?" I ask while preparing my bath.

"Miss. Wanez." The robotic voice fills my ears.

"Do me a favor and let anyone who comes know that I'm taking a bath." I make sure I have my tropical fruit soap, shampoo, and conditioner.

"As you wish. Anything else?" She asks again.

"Yeah, play my music, will ya?" My music starts, and I smile as You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins plays over the speakers. I turn the water to a mildly warm temperature and step in, ready to relax and clean up.