4.

This was also demonstrated in the Dragons: Race to the Edgeepisode "Night of the Hunters, Part 1" when Snotlout's helmet got hot Changewing acid on it but did not burn through. This means that the Changewings acid cannot corrode metal. However, it is shown in "Dire Straits" that Changewing acid can melt dragon-proof metals. The acid is also highly viscous, able to stay intact underwater. This may indicate an oil-based substance, as it is water-insoluble.

Hypnosis

Changewings have the uncanny ability to hypnotize their prey, when they do that, their eye pupils dilate into slits, then swirl around. Their ability is so powerful it can hypnotize a Purple Death.

Strength and Combat

They have been shown to be very strong, capable of holding humans with their claws and tail with no struggle. These dragons don't seem to be in battle type as they proven to be to work as a team against their enemies only as more than one.

Strength and Combat

They have been shown to be very strong, capable of holding humans with their claws and tail with no struggle. These dragons don't seem to be in battle type as they proven to be to work as a team against their enemies only as more than one.

Speed and Agility

Their agility and speed have shown to be quite good. They have been shown to have good reflexes allowing them to dodge attacks in battle. They are relativity fast, though they mainly rely on their camouflage.

Climber

Due to their long claws, they are shown to be great climbers that can climb on any type of surface.

Prehensile Tail

Changewings have a flexible tail for gripping as they are able to hold objects. They are able to lift up Vikings with their highly flexible tail with little to no effort.

Senses

Quite possibly, their scent of smell might be strong enough to find their stolen eggs from their island to Berk. Though more likely, they followed the Dragon Riders scent to track down their missing eggs from Snotlout.

Firepower

Even though Changewings have not yet shown the ability to produce fire in the series, a specimen in the Book of Dragons was shown to do so. It is currently unknown if this was an animation error or not, but Hiccup's Dragon Map in the sequel also has a drawing of a Changewing with a note next to it stating that it can shoot blue fire. One individual, Incognito, from Rise of Berk, is seen breathing yellow fire.

 Rise of Berk, is seen breathing yellow fire.

Behavior and Personality