One

Day one never occurred to me just how special it would be in the later years. Every single little detail would, in fact, have its own cause for my fate.

I never liked Mr. Torrez, he was always those basic teachers who thought every student was either too bad to become someone in life or too stupid to understand his course regardless of their grades. Although he was a dick head to me most of the time, I will forever be grateful for his particularly sour mood that morning. His scary intense gaze never leaving me of all people.

Too lost in some stupid daydreams that no longer has importance to me anymore, I didn't realize just how thankful I would become that James purposely tried to trip Authur and then blame it on me. Thanks for that you asshole. I owe you big time... but obviously, at the time, I didn't know what my future would bring me...

"TO DETENTION! NOW!" Mr. Torrez yelled from across the classroom. The second his booming voice reached everyones attentive ears, all heads turned to follow who his judgmental finger was pointing at. I turned around to see what they were looking at when Mr.Torrez came up to me and grabbed me by my already wrinkled shirt and pointed towards the door.

I was of course confused, what had I done but sit there and try to finish the homework he had assigned two weeks prior? "But...Mr. Torrez, wha-"

His nose flared angrily as he spoke in a deep voice, his breath reeking of some type of coffee, "No buts today, Alexander! Go to the library until this period ends ."

I stood up and just walked away, not bothering to argue or turn back to look at his monkey-like face. My mom is going to kill me if she knows this is my third detention this week! I felt furious, I hadn't done anything to Arthur, yet I was the one getting in trouble. I stomped my way down the hall and into the library thinking about what I should do during the time being. Maybe I should finish that 2-week late homework that I've been procrastinating on...oh well, one more day won't hurt.

"Ah, Mr. Scott back again for another detention I see?" Mrs.Porter speaks as I enter the library.

"Yet again another day of being accused over something I had no part of, Mrs.Porter." I smile at the little old lady I've become accustomed to throughout the years. Laughing at my reply she points to the back of her library where I had my usual "detentions" I smiled at her gratefully for yet again not bothering to write me down for the stupid reasons Mr. Torrez would send me there for.

With a twinkle in her large ocean eyes, she leans up to my ear and whispers, "Well, I do feel obligated to tell you that there is someone in your usual spot...you should go talk to them."

I begin to walk towards the back of the library when I see a petite figure sitting on the floor that instantly catches my attention. Her long wavy brunette hair covers her face yet I can't seem to take my eyes off of her. I wonder what she's reading and why she's sitting on the floor when there are tables all over the library. I breathe in ready to take a step towards her when she looks up at me.

I know this may seem a bit over exaggerated, but I swear my heart, mind, and soul stopped at that very second. Her light caramel-like eyes looked up at me with all of the innocence in the world. Her small hands reached up to shove her cascading hair behind her ear. And just when I thought she couldn't become more beautiful, she smiled my way.

"Alex," Arthur says stepping in front of me, blocking my view from the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in 18 years. I look up at him, confused.

"Arthur, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in class." I try to look over his shoulder but couldn't get past because of his height. I hope I can get her name or something at least before the bell rings.

"I know, but Mr. T kicked me out also after I tried to defend you. Can you believe him? I don't know who shoved a dick up his ass today." I laughed as Arthur shook his head in disbelief. "Let's go sit over there so we can talk and pass the time, yeah?" He asked nodding his head over to the corner of the library. I nodded my head and he began walking further back. I looked back hoping to catch a glimpse of her on the floor again but when Arthur finally moved out of my way, she was no longer there.

She had disappeared.

A/N:

Phew, that took a while to process okay! Finally, the first chapter is done and many more to come :) Make sure to Vote and Comment if you'd please.