Two

John and I met Miss Winters at the art gallery at precisely Midnight.
Not a soul was in sight as we walked through the various exibits, on our way to meet Miss Winters in her office.

John kept on giving me looks, he was convinced I was developing feelings toward her, simply because she was nearly a spitting image of the woman.
John's theory was simply absurd.
I would never get romantically involved with anyone during a case, it tends to cloud up my thinking.
Desires of any kind, especially sexual desires, can become a distraction, and over time, an addiction.
Much like smoking.
Do I smoke as a substitute for sex, and to clear my mind of any desires by taking it over with urges to smoke?
Possibly?
Maybe?

Shut up, I'm telling you about the case.

I knocked twice on the door of Miss Winters' office, which she replied to with a muffled "Come in."
As we entered the room, Miss Winterd was reviewing security tapes from earlier that day.
She turned around in her seat to face us, then stood up to greet us.
"Sherlock, Dr. Watson. Lovely to see you again." She smiled, her eyes almost instantly flicking towards mine, "Are you ready?"
"The game is on." I replied, my voice growing deeper than expected, causing Miss Winters to chuckle softly at my response.
That cursed smirk taking over my lips again, causing John to give me an odd look.
"Show us where it happened." John chimed in.
"Right this way." She said, walking past us and leading us down the hall to the stairs that led downstairs to the main part of the art gallery.
I was rather impressed by how well she knew her way down the various twists and turns of the hallways, taking us down to the display room where the mysterious vase sat.

She walked ahead of us, swaying her hips as she took confident strides, the clicking of her red heels echoing throughout the hall.

My mind began to wander as I examined her from behind.
She was even more magnificent than any of the pieces of art in the entire gallery.
Even the naked marble statues, partially shrouded by only a sheet, could not compare to her exquisite figure.

"No!" I apparently yelled aloud as I shook my head violently, in an attempt to get the distracting images out of my mind.
"Are you alright?" Miss Winters asked, as she looked back at me.
"I'm fine. No worries." I replied with a smile.
"He does that. A lot." John said, shooting me an odd look.
He was already suspicious of me, and that unfortunate incident only made his suspicions grow.
"Sherlock-"
"I'm fine." I immediately cut him off, as I began to look around the room, in search of anything that could serve as a distraction.

We came to an abrupt hault as Miss Winters stopped in front of us, looking at the case that stood alone at the end of the hallway.
"Here it is Mr. Holmes." She said, stepping aside so I could have a look at it.

I stood there motionless as I took a long look at the lone display case.
I wasted no time in pulling out my magnifying glass and began to examine the display case and the piece of art.
"Something's not right." I said as I stood back up.
"What do you mean?" Miss Winters asked, tilting her head slightly in confusion.
I took another long look at the display case.
The chips in the paint, the flowers decoriating the rim.
Everything was identical to the photographs I had seen during my research into the vase... Except for the shape.

"Of course!" I chuckled to myself.
I quickly leaned back down and began to examine the "vase" again.
It couldn't possibly be that valuble?
The vase was said to be priceless but why would they go to such lengths to get an exact replica when they could just hire the police to find it?
No, the police are idiots.
So whoever did this was clever.
If it made it to the papers that the  priceless vase was stolen then the gallery would lose business.
So, having a replica made to take it's place would keep the visitors, and the money, pouring in.
But how could they have an exact replica made on such short notice?
Such a thing could take weeks to make.
Unless...