The L Word

Seeing Negan in school again was not as awkward as you'd expect it to be. Whenever we talked, I never saw him as a coach anyway. We talked every morning and occasionally I came by his office during my lunch period. We even talked after school when he didn't have extra work to do. Some nights he came over to hang out with Dad. The two had become best friends over the past month. Things were good.  
     I walked into Negan's office that afternoon particularly stressed. Midterms were comingup and I was not ready. "You look stressed, darlin'. What's on your mind?" Negan could always tell when I was stressed. "Midterms.." I responded. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. "You're smart. You'll do fine, I promise." Negan was always so reassuring. "Are you coming over tonight?" I asked. I loved it when he came over. He got closer to Dad, he played ping pong with me and he'd always give me subtle winks or bite his lip which drove me crazy. "Yeah. Your dad wants to hang. Starting to think he likes me worse than you do." He remarked. "Not even possible." I kissed him. "C'mon," He said, "I'll drive you home."
     "10-7. I win again." Negan shouted. We had been playing ping pong for over an hour now. "Okay, okay. Let's take a break. I'm exhausted." I responded, when my phone went off. "Dad says he won't be here for another couple hours. He's running late." Negan hugged me. "Well, we have a lot of time on our hands. What do you wanna do?" He asked. "Can we cuddle?" I blushed. "Of course" He answered. We went upstairs to my bedroom and laid on the bed together. He put his arms around me and I laid my head against his chest. "I should soooo be studying right now." I said. "You'll be fine on midterms. You won't have to worry until finals. You're too smart to worry about things like that." I smiled. "I love when you reassure me when I'm stressed." I hugged him a little tighter. He ran his hand up and down my back. "There's no need to be stressed. I'm here. It's okay." He said things like that to me in the most calming voice. I fell asleep in his arms.
     I only woke up when I felt Negan get up. Dad came home and we had both agreed there was no way he could find out we were together. I ran downstairs and Negan and I arranged ourselves on the couch so it didn't look suspicious. "Negan! What's going on?" Dad yelled. They shook hands. "Ricky!!" Negan shouted back. They were annoyingly adorable as best friends. They started watching a basketball game on TV while Negan and I sneakily held hands under a blanket.
      "..And that's just how it goes for the Cavaliers, you know?" Dad and Negan had been talking about basketball for about 30 minutes now while Negan ran his hand against my thigh. Luckily, Dad's work phone rang and he had to leave the room. "Negan." I glared at him. I both hated and loved when he teased me in front of Dad. "I know, I know." He replied. "I couldn't resist." I rolled my eyes and starting kissing him. He pulled back. "Your dad is still right in the other room." He said. "I don't fucking care." We kept kissing and he put his hands on my waist as I sat in his lap. "I love you." I told him. He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I love you too." Dad started to come back and we got back to normal on the couch just in time. "Sorry," Dad said "that was work." Negan stood up. "No problem, Ricky. I should be heading out anyway." I stood up as well. "I'll walk you out."

A/N: Hope you kids enjoyed. Happy New Year, ladies and gents.