9

Oh Lord what did I get myself into?

*

Goosebumps arose on my pale skin as I saw Alessandro waiting for me at the end of the staircase, his arm leaned up against the railing. Once he heard the click of my heels on the marble floor, he turned his attention on me. I smiled softly towards him. His green eyes grew and his mouth slightly parted.

Oh God, do I look that bad? Ugh! I should've wor-Wait! If he thinks I'm ugly that's his own damn fault! He's the one who picked this out, right?! And besides I think I look like a snack!

"Well," Resse chuckles as we reach the bottom of the stairs. He then takes my hand and gives it to Alessandro. "Good lookin', huh?"

Looking towards Alessandro for an answer, my heart started to slowly increase it's beating. Our faces were just inches apart. A small scar laid right above his left eyebrow.

"Come un angelo,(Like an angle)" He mumbled as he took my hand, guided it to his lips, and kissed my knuckles. Resse snicked and went to grab a coat.

"So-so you like it?" I paused as he smirked and rolled his eyes playfully.

"Of course," He linked our arms together and led us to a small closet next to the front door. After pulling out a black coat, he put it on himself then reached back into the closet for a white fur shoulder wrap.

"Now I will feel fancy," I laugh as he put it on me. He was just about to say something when Resse walked into the room, arguing on the phone.

"Listen Dante, I don't give a flying fuck!" He sighed. "Dante, I'm no-" Alessandro grabbed the phone from Resse's hand.

"Silenzio!" Alessandro spat. Resse just looked dumbfounded for a second and he reached out to get his phone back, but Alessandro just smacked his hand away.

"Dante, what's wrong?" Resse huffed as Alessandro talked into the phone.

"Cagna," Resse mumbled, Alessandro shot him a deathly look. I hide my laugh and glanced at my phone. One new message! Quickly, I unlocked my phone, fully zoning Alessandro and Resse out.

Dalton:

Glad 2 hear u r good so... whats up

Victoria:

Lol nothing. What u doin

Dalton:

Just working on math

Victoria:

Yuck

Dalton:

Yeah i know

I smiled as I put my phone back into my silver clutch. Looking back to the two men, I saw Alessandro's back to me and he was still on the phone, Resse was trying to listen in. Something shiny gleamed from the back of Alessandro's pants. Stepping a tiny bit closer, I saw it. A gun, why would he need a gun?!

"Si, si." Alessandro nodded and turned around, I quickly averted my eyes. My heart started to pound. "Stasera?" His green eyes flashed up and bore into mine. "Si, si. Addio." His eyes looked back to Resse as he handed him his phone back. "Next time, don't act like a child."

Resse nodded as he swiped his phone back and went to the front door. Alessandro massaged his forehead, I walked closer. Gently, I reached up, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Everything good?" My voice was unsteady.

"Yeah," He smiled, but something was wrong. "Well," He removed my hand and placed his arm over my shoulders as we started to walk to the door. "Tonight is your very first job, bella."

Oh, great.

*

People were everywhere.

The hotel we arrived at, as I was told, was privately owned by Theresa and Milo. Mia and Angelo were their children. The gold chandeliers casted shadows upon the marble walls and flooring, my heels clicked as we made our way through the entrance doors.

"Woah," I mumbled out as the doorman took our jackets and my wrap. Alessandro chuckled at my wide eyes, his smile is even perfect. My brain quickly flashed the image of his gun in my head, goosebumps rose on my skin.

In the car ride here. He explained my job more. I was the ears, the eyes, and most importantly the reporter. Anything about Alessandro, Resse, the name Salvatore (Which was Alessandro's last name), or anything I thought was weird, all of it was to be spoken back to Alessandro or Resse. I was not to dance, talk, or even really look at anyone that Alessandro didn't see first. 'For your safety.' Alessandro said. He was very serious about this, something that was definitely noted. I don't think it would be wise to cross a man with pistol.

The further we walked in, the distant murmuring got louder. Talking, laughing, and classical piano music got louder. My anxiety started up while I prayed to God not to fuck this up.

"Ready?" Alessandro asked me while he looked straight ahead.

"Of course," I took a deep breath. No turning back now anyways.

"Don't worry," Resse grinned as he walked on the other side of me. "You'll make it. If I can, you can. Trust me."

"Anyone can do what you do," Alessandro jeered. "It's not that hard."

I snickered as Resse glared at him.

"Well that doesn't matter because I'm hotter." I rolled my eyes at Resse's comment.

"Are ya' sure?" I questioned. "I mean he is pretty hot," I blurted out as I pointed towards Alessandro with my free hand.

Everyone went silent for a second till Resse started busting out laughing. My face flared red and I could feel Alessandro's eyes upon me.

"Nice joke, but do have any evidence?" The group stopped and I pulled out of Alessandro's latched arm.. I smirked, I already digged my own grave so why the Hell not?

"Right here," I smiled and grabbed Alessandro's hand, pulling him forward. Resse gasped.

"Please," He cried and blew a raspberry. "I'm the best lookin' out of all of you so shut it!"

Now I gasped and looked towards Alessandro. A small blush covered his high cheekbones, I mentally smiled.

"You're gonna let him say that?" He smiled and rolled his eyes. I looked back to Resse.

"Okay, if you're so hot let's make a deal,"

"A deal? Like what?"

"Whoever gets the most-"

"Numbers!" Resse cut me off. I glared at him.

"You know almost everyone here I bet."

"That's true," Alessandro piped in.

"Okay, okay, fair. Whatever," He thought for a moment. "Most dances, how about that?"

"Fine, Alessandro you count."

"No, Victoria, do you not remember what I told you in the car?"

"Yeah, but how do you expect me to listen in on people if I'm not close to them?" Alessandro glared at my comment, I was just glad the hot piece of meat in front of me didn't have a comeback.

"So, you on?" Resse and his mischievous eyes glowed.

"Wait, this is a business meet-"

"Not anymore, this is a competition." Resse spat on his palm and I spat on mine. "Deal?"

"Deal." And we shook on it.