Reunited

September 26, 2011

Alex's P.O.V.

I finally entered the space sector I was assigned to, thankfully! The guardians so graciously assigned me to earth so I would be close to my uncle Hal. I had become an official Green Lantern not so long ago. I never thought that I would ever become anything close to an actual hero but as fate would have it I was chosen to be a Green Lantern. Flying threw the cosmos I couldn't contain my excitement! I had just become a Green Lantern and got to be apart of a team. Before I left Oa my uncle Hal contacted me saying that I was going to be apart of a team of young heroes. As I entered the earth's atmosphere I made my way for happy harbor, specifically mount justice.

As I approached Mount Justice I saw my uncle waiting for me and got automatically happier. "Uncle Hal! I shouted. He flew up and met me for a hug that lasted a good thirty seconds. "You look good kid! I see you stuck with the basic uniform" He commented as we broke apart "Actually I tweaked my uniform a little bit" I informed him. I did a little twirl and a green glow covered my body and revealed my new look. I had a mask just like Hal's, an emerald skin tight shirt that had the green lantern symbol in the center of my chest, black sleeves all the way to my elbow then turned into green fingerless gloves from the elbow down, and black leggings with green boots.

"I like it, it suits you" he complimented "Thank you! And you we're right, training with Kilowag was brutal!" I say rubbing my shoulder remembering the exhausting training sessions. "I did warn you, how about you meet your new teammates?" He suggested "Sounds good!" I agree. We floated down to the beach where I saw my new teammates, they weren't in costume and I didn't recognize any of then except for Wally.

I had met Wally about a year ago, I had known my uncle was the green lantern for a while and one afternoon went over to his house and found Wally and his mentor Flash unmasked. Wally freaked out saying "Who is this guy?! He knows our identities! We need to take him out!" but my uncle and Barry calmed him down and we started talking. I feel in love with his bright green eyes the first couple seconds of meeting him. We would have late night conversations in real life or over the phone and just talk about life. He was with me when I was chosen.

~Flashback~

"Your like a bottomless pit that only eats junk food" I comment as Wally was now on his third bag of chicken wizzies. "I told you I burn a lot of calories when I run" he chuckled. "I know but still there are better things to eat than those" I say standing up and looking at the view from the mountain. Wally had called me earlier saying he wanted to hangout so I got a blanket, headed to the gas station, got some of those unhealthy snacks for Wally, hopped on his back and he headed to our spot. Our spot was this area of a mountain in the middle of nowhere. There was a little town not to far away but besides that it was in the middle of nowhere. And I liked it here because you could see the stars clearly from out here.

"Look! A meteor shower!" Wally shouted getting up. I looked up and saw dozens of meteors lighting up the sky, it was breathtaking. I step back and felt something graze my hand. I looked down and saw wally's pinky ever so slightly grazing mine. I looked up at Wally and was met with his green eyes staring back at me. He started to slowly fall backwards "Wait what are yo-" he grabbed my hand and pulled me down with him. I chuckled looking down at him smiling brightly. I decided to push all my fear aside and tell Wally how I truly felt about him. I took a feel breath "Can I tell you someth-" "What is that!" Wally interrupted.

I looked up and saw a bright green... something flying through the sky and it looked like it was heading straight for us. "Shouldn't we" "leave" Wally finished. I quickly packed the blanket into my backpack "Alex watch out" Wally yelled, he used his superspeed to get in front of me and pull me close to him to shield me from the green glowing object but it didn't hit him. I peeked over Wally's shoulder and it had come to a halt right in front of us. I tapped Wally's shoulder and pointed towards the thing. He turned to look at it giving me a better look at the thing which looked like a green ring, to be more specific, a Green Lantern ring.