Chapter 10

Steve's P.O.V

    I watched as Tara stood. Something was different about the way she held herself, the determination on her face. Her violet eyes started to glow. What was she doing? Shadows started to swirl around her.
"What's going on up there?" Asked Tony
"Why?" I was confused about what Tara could do I know she doesn't have the power to hold an entire ship in the air for hours of repairs.
"There's a blanket of darkness gathering under the helicarrier" The falling of the helicarrier started slowing.
"Hey Stark are you doing this?"
"No, Tara's holding us in the air. I can't break through her barrier." I looked over and saw that Tara had wrapped herself in shadows and darkness. What I could see of Tara's face showed pain and Exhaustion. But also determination. We had been stopped in the air for about a minute.
"Tony if you see a break in the barrier I need you to help Tara hold the helicarrier. She can't hold us all by herself. As soon as I said that we slowly started to drop.
"WHATS GOING ON?" Yelled Natasha.
"She's lowering us to the ground." Said Tony. Tara had just started to grab onto the railing.
"How close are we to the ground?"
"20 000 feet" Said Jarvis.
I watched Tara.
"15 000 feet"
She looked close to passing out.
"10 000 feet"
Suddenly the ship dropped. I watched Tara. She was sweating from the strain.
"8 000 feet"
Tara had dropped to the ground. She couldn't hold us any more.
"Get up Tara" I yelled
"5 000 feet"
I suddenly saw movement. Tara had placed her hands on the ground and she was pushing her self up.
"2 000 feet brace for impact"
Her eyes opened and they were glowing a brilliant shade of gold. She raised her hands and the helicarriers dissent stopped. Just inched from the ground. With a soft thud we hit the ground and Tara fell forward.

Tara's P.O.V

I couldn't let Tony die. Everything hurt, I'm so tired. Tony and Steve were telling back and forth on the comms.
"20 000 feet" I heard Jarvis say.
I was holding on with everything that I have.
"15 000 feet"
I'm so tired. I saw black dots starting to appear in my vision.
"10 000 feet"
Suddenly the dark grew and I lost my hold on the darkness.
"8 000 feet"
My eyes opened and I saw myself lying on the ground. I closed my eyes not being able to withstand the pain.

"You'll never be good enough." I heard my mother yell.
"You didn't save me" My father said.
"You dissipont me" Said Fury.
*Bang*
I looked down. Then I looked up. I saw my mom holding a gun. She turned around and walked away. Then my father stepped up.
*Bang*  Then another.
*Bang* Then another.
*Bang*
*Bang*
*Bang*
Everyone I had killed or failed to save had come to get there revenge. It went on forever. So many people. So many children, families.
"Get up" wispered someone. I looked up and saw Steve.
"Get up Tara"

"5 000 feet" 
I won't let more people die. I won't let Steve die. With everything I had left I grabbed onto the railing and pulled myself up.
"2 000 feet brace for impact."
Nobody will ever die because of me again. And I opened my eyes and felt a wave of strength and power. I raised my hands and with all the strength I had left I stopped our fall just inches from the ground and let go. We softly thudded into the grass. All my strength was gone all my power. I was so tired, then my legs gave out. Before I could hit the ground a pair of arms caught me. That was the last thing I saw.