Chapter 1: Thoughts

"Mind your beeswax." I huffed.

"That's what that little girl over there just said. Are you copying her?" My close friend, Ebony asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "What? It sounds cool you know?" I said biting the last part of my ice cream.

"Oh True." She said, rolling her eyes at me.

I checked the time on my phone. It was around 7. I had to get home.

I turned to Ebony. "I have to get going now." I said sheepishly. We were having a great time.

"Um okay... See you at school tomorrow." She said as she walked the opposite direction of me to her home.

"Oh we have school?" I asked more like stated, "I had forgotten - intentionally." I finished through gritted teeth.

"Okay, okay." She said, her hands raised in surrender as she walked away.

I really dislike school and it's the fact that I have to wake up early. I just don't like it.

I walked back home slowly thinking about my day with Ebony. It had been great except for the fact that she was fantasizing and talking about the 'abstract concept' that two people feel for each other. She claimed that that 'abstract concept' is a very beautiful feeling, makes one the happiest person in the world.

She has a boyfriend so I'm not surprised.

That 'abstract concept' is love.

Not that I don't know what love is cause I love my family and all but the other love... the one where you are attracted to the opposite sex and would do anything for one another or having to do with a deep romantic attachment to someone is the one I dislike.

Or much worse, hate.

"What are you doing? I asked, staring at Ebony weirdly.

"Duh, can't you see? I am trying to close this stupid thing." She answered, struggling to close her locker door.

I shook my head, "And that's because there's a huge textbook sticking out." I said pointing to the huge book she hadn't positioned in her locker well. She looked up at the book, removed it and glared at it,

"You little bastard. It's for Dianna by the way." She replied casually, placing it in her bag. I rolled my eyes as we walked to our classes. I wasn't sure if the so-called Dianna even reads the textbook or has even opened to glance at it once. Just a waste of their parents money. I had History and Ebony had AP Literature.

I took my seat in the middle of the class, placing my head on the table waiting for the teacher.

"Hi Jade." I heard someone greet me. I raised my head and realised it was Noah, another of my close friends.

"Oh hi Noah." I greeted back with a smile.

"Good morning students." Our teacher greeted but got a few replies. She continued with whatever she would be doing nonetheless.

"So how've you been? Missed you." He said with a smirk. It has just been two days since he last saw me. Two days and they were for the weekend.

I smiled at him, "Aw missed you too. I've been great how about you?"

"Well I've - " He was interrupted by the door being opened.

Incoming was Dayton, one of the  school's um... good looking guys.... bad boy type... I don't know. He's got several personalities or labels. He's not even in any of my classes. Well I didn't really care cause it's none of my business. Everyone turned to look at him.