Chapter 2

I met him in 7th grade. He was in all the same classes as me. We were a part of the pilot class, which consisted of the top 30 students of the batch. The chosen students were placed in the harder subjects so that we could "have better opportunities as we were the creme de la creme".

I never really understood the need to be placed in the exact same classes as 30 people, but hey, I was honestly happy for it. I met some of the best people in the world because of the grouping.

I was seated with the Mariachis. They were my best girl friends. We called ourselves that for some reason, but the name stuck. We were telling each other all about our summer stories, laughing at each other's jokes, when I saw a boy walking by our class window. He was tall and handsome. And my jaw kind of dropped.

He's really really cute.

Before I could do anything, the boy entered the room. And every one's heads turned. Whispers and murmurs started suddenly.

...handsome...

...what's his name...

...hope he's single...

It seemed like he didn't hear any of the sounds though, as he was busy looking for a seat. His eyes drifted around the room before landing on the spot beside me. His eyes caught mine, then glanced back at the seat. He was silently asking for permission.

I cautiously looked, then nodded at him before giving out a small smile, showing that I was ok with it. The boy grinned brightly, causing the female students to gasp.

He has a gorgeous smile.

He quickly made his way towards me, quietly greeting and smiling at the people he passed before he got to where I was seated.

He stood beside the empty place, and then sat down.

"Thanks for letting me sit beside you. My name is Lucas. Lucas Hansol Kim." He grinned and stuck his hand out for a hand shake.

"What's your name?" He asked.

I felt shy and nervous, but I tamped it all down before replying.

"Carina. Carina Kennedy Gonzales."

I took his hand and shook it and gave him a little smile.

"Well, Carina, I hope we can be good friends!" He said.

I answered, "I hope we can be good friends too, Lucas." Then I smiled. And it was a bigger smile than before.