A New Enemy

A/N: The Assist Trophies don't get enough love in this fandom, so I decided to make a little fic with my take on what happens with them! I could potentially continue this if I feel like it's good enough.

It's an ordinary day within the World of Trophies. In this current point of time, Master Hand's newest tournament has been set. The very famous Smash Mansion has been packed once more, the hand clearly went all out as all sorts of familiar faces returned. Everyone being back seemed impossible until now. Late into the afternoon, a small girl with brown hair, wearing green happened to be running toward the direction of a smaller mansion that pales in comparison to the big and looming Smash mansion. It wasn't too far from the mansion, this humble abode is where a certain "lively" bunch live. They're tasked with assisting the fighters whenever they're summoned to the battlefield, they're called "Assist Trophies" a famous or infamous title depending on who you ask.

They used to have a room in the bigger mansion back in Brawl. But as the fighter and assist trophy number increased. It became a huge pain for the hand to keep things completely in check. He found the issue more trouble than it was worth, and so the assists live in another mansion, free to come over to the Smash mansion for whatever as long as there isn't too much trouble.

The small brunette who was running toward that Assist-specific mansion, her name is Nikki from Swapnote. She's one of the newer assistants of Master Hand's, she's in the best position for a passive Mii like herself. She didn't directly have to interfere with the battlefield herself yet she got to express herself and draw what she wanted! A panting and wheezing Nikki barged through the front door, she hunched over and rested her hands on her kneecaps, trying to catch her breath.

A red anthropomorphic echidna with shoes and gloves can be seen sitting at a table. Seemingly, he was playing cards with a slightly pudgy man with a curly, balding hairstyle and thick mustache, along with a black jacket clad, bald man of color with shades. The 3 were in a tense game of Poker until they were interrupted by the barge in. "What the- Nikki!?" The red echidna Knuckles from the Sonic series looked at her, mildly annoyed that he was cut off from potentially calling out a bluff! "I was so close to winning too!" Dr. Wily from Mega Man would comment with a scowl. "You wish!" Knuckles would respond, clenching his fist. "Aren't you usually out the whole day helping the hand that runs this whole thing?" The colored man asked her, leaning his chair back slightly. His name would be Rodin from Bayonetta.

"Yeah, let off early or something?" that question came from another side of the spacey living room, there sat two squid looking people on a couch. The Inkling with black "hair" had a smile on her face, being the one to ask it. The squid next to her nodded in agreement, not really needing to follow up on that with words. The iconic duo were the Squid Sisters: Callie and Marie from Splatoon. No one would've understood them if Master Hand didn't have to intervene and make their Inkling language understandable for every trophy and toy in this realm. It's also the reason certain characters can speak their own language without a translator this time around. Except for the Pokemon, for some reason they were an exception, something about "keeping their uniqueness" or whatever the hand muttered before during the announcement of this change.

Two Paddles from Pong were playing a round without a care in the world. The Hand from Mario Paint was busy trying to swat some stray flies that were about, extremely focused on that more than anything else at the moment. Dr. Wright from SimCity and Dr. Kawashima from Brain Age were having a conversation about buildings and the basics required involving them. Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde from Pac-Man practiced their circling routines in preparation for when they're summoned. Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western leaned against a wall in boredom, he simply tipped his hat to greet the Swapnote Mii.